TechSpot

Who is a God on another forum

By ptitterington
Sep 13, 2003
Post New Reply
  1. I subscribe to a few other forums, still basically as a Leeh to find info on a specific subject of interest more specific than here like Simply DV for my camcorder use etc.. I always register as per here but am sure that I have come across TechSpot posters using other names.

Where do you post................:grinthumb
  2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

3. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

Once, when I was really drunk, I posted on another forum.

But it was just a one time thing, and it will never happen again! ;)
  4. MYOB

MYOB TS Rookie Posts: 527

I have about 100 posts on http://forums.begroovy.com and some amount on http://www.boards.ie

I also posted a hell of a lot of posts to the forums at 2nddivision.com (over 300, gone), montecristogames.com (over 1000, gone) and northstandchat.com (300, then 100, now 10 due to software updates).

And theres a few game company sites and PC magazine sites not worth mentioning.
  5. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,534   +316

The only other forum I visit somewhat regularly is sitepointforums.com, which is dedicated to webmasters & site owners... you can say it's still related to TechSpot given that I visit SPF with the only purpose of improving things here.
  6. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

I usually pick the name "God" or "UndeniablyGod" for other forums. ;)
  7. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

I was a member of Tilted Forums, but I was banned for questioning some of the things that were happening there.
    I also used to run my own Tech forums but that was before I came to TS.
  8. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,539   +301

LOL Storm, lots of people were banned there for no reason, including myself.
  9. Greeno

Greeno TS Rookie Posts: 394

I'm a Neowinian :)
  10. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

I wasn't :cool:
  11. XtR-X

XtR-X TS Rookie Posts: 1,040

Well, on my other site that I owned, which shut down about a year ago, I had well over 7,000 posts... but when you're the admin of a popular site, you're pretty much involved everywhere.

Not saying that Julio should have 9999999 posts, just saying when you don't have that many people with the knowledge that alot of you all have, you really dont need to post alot as someone has the answer already.

12. wicka_wicka

wicka_wicka Banned Posts: 179

I have like 1200 posts at EOCF, around 100 or so at XHW, and some other forums with only a few...I think I have like three or so at overclockers.com
  13. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,551   +97

14. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

Why would I need to be God on another forum, when I am GOD HERE?
  15. ptitterington

ptitterington TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 376

Ha ha lol yes you are a god. I think there should be some sort of wierd counter to show us the total of all the forums posted on.

Just about apart from here I have lost all my posts on the half assed forums I have subscribed to and most have faded into obscurity, the thing is it only takes a few like minded people with a little knowledge with a little spare time to make a real difference to folks that need some help.

One that was involved with construction/diy vanished overnight and all I got was a time out error.

Thats why I like it here, It keeps on getting better and its not oversubscribed.

Post on the likes of Amdmb.com forum and your post goes into oblivion within 2 days. The search is good but its too mad.
    :p
  16. StormBringer

I seem to recall a philosopher, or maybe it was a TS member, saying
    Indeed you are not, nor does the amount of useless dribble you contribute to the vastness of cyberspace even amount to a grain of sand's relevance in the universe. :haha:

It is the quality not the quantity!
    The measure of a man is not in how much he talks, but what he says. :approve:
  17. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I know I've seen that before, but I just can't remember where

[​IMG]
    :)

Oh yeah it used to be my signature. And you were correct in assuming it was a philosopher Stormbringer :haha:
  18. StormBringer

Heh, I had thought it was in your old signature, just wasn't sure.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.