Who makes my dvd player?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mephastophilis

hi,

i am having rpoblems with Battlefield 2 and have tried virtually anything but tnothing stop this error where when loading the game the splash appears but then after a minute it says insert disc, a very common error, only the disc is in...

not only that but after my pc can no longer see my dvd player!

i think its my dvd firmware due to the new copyright protection on the disc which may cause conflicts with older drives, it recomends updating firmware

only i cant find who makes mine.. all i know is:
IDE DVD-ROM 16X [CD-ROM drive] from belarc advisor
Microsoft 5.1.2535.0 is the current driver found through properties

any ideas on finding the right firmware/drivers or whats causing the prob in first place wud be great thanks.

PC Spec:
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
40.01 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
6.99 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
IDE DVD-ROM 16X [CD-ROM drive]
IDE-CD R/RW 12x8x32 [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]
Board: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-6385
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG 08/21/2001
RADEON 9600 SERIES [Display adapter]
RADEON 9600 SERIES - Secondary [Display adapter]
MED MD9615AF [Monitor] (14.9"vis, September 2001)

Me 2

I have the exact same problem.

My spec:
P4 2.0Ghz
Win XP pro SP2
ati 9800 pro (128 agp)
DVD is also using the windows driver.

Who has an answer?

Thanks in advance.

It isn't clear to me but did you check the Device Manager under Systems in your Control Panel?

Yes.

In the mean time I've been able to find the brand of my DVD-player, and also came to learn that from the info provided (general windows driver) there is no way that you can derive the manufacturer.
My method was taking the screwdriver, removing the dvd-rom and checking the lable.
I have a Medion-PC, so anyone who has that pc and a dvd-player, it probably is a ultima DHI-G40. the most recent firmware (1.32) does not solve the problem.

So that's it actually.

Thanks for your effort and help.

N.

Bingo,

Medion PC
the DH-G40 model
MSI motherboard

now, i found a guy on America's Army with same problem, he had same motherboard manufacturer and same problem. he simply upgraded his bios when he heard i had same and his now works fine. i upgraded my bios on my MS-6385 motherboard. however no change with both the dvd driver+firmware and the boards. infact now i have to press esc to stop the mem testing cos it doesnt stop running!!!

so, what we gonna do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back