Who wants to play with Wii?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedarati

The news of nintendo's nex gen console new name shocked alot of gamers, but what I want to know is has this dishearted anyone from buying a Wii.

Do you feel that if they can't get the name right how can they get a game right?

Or do you even like the name?

In the end isn't it just a name . . .

no way in hell will this discourage me from getting it, and if it does to anybody wanting it, maybe they should grow up a little..

as for the games, I'm going to at least buy and try every one.. if some are terrible then they can meet my local pawnshop's nintendo rack

Gamespot had a chart of the launch prices of all nintendo consoles:

Nes $199

Snes $199

N64 $199

Gamecube $199

Wii ___?

hmmm? I wonder how much it will be? (ponders)

Nintendo said the suggested starting retail price will be $199. How ever this could change over time.

nah, I think $199 is going to be the price and they'll do whatever they can to keep it at that

Maybe but we are still yet to see your final controller
We know what it is since 2005.

Gamespot had a chart of the launch prices of all nintendo consoles:

Nes $199

Snes $199

N64 $199

Gamecube $199

Wii ___?

hmmm? I wonder how much it will be? (ponders)
Certainly not $199! ;)

NGC was >300$ here when it went on the market...

Who wants to play with Wii?
Depends of the final result, as long as I don't try a console I don't see the point in buying it. I don't know what I'll be getting. It appears also that even if the power of the console is pretty low, that the graphics still look good. Take GameCube per example. The <400MHz console was able to compete with Xbox.

I think it's probably safe to say everybody who grew up playing any nintendo system gets in the mood to play the classics once in awhile, access to every legacy classic out of the box... plus the d-pad can act as eight (maybe more) buttons and then two on the other side with no need for control sticks, I think the controller's been perfected, sure tons of people will buy the ps3 to feed their craving for raw power but when they want to have fun and actually interact with new ideas and implementations of technology they're not going to want to sit in front of generic jacked up nextgen system #2

I suppose it does come down to games, but how can you even compare this to ps3 which basically is basically just an upgrade from a line of a dozen or so console clones that function identically that every company has released as a showcase in the past 10 years. nintendo is actually trying to get people to love gaming with this machine, they're allowing ulimited possibilities (as much possibilities as they could provide at least, essentially out of the box) for a traditional, reasonable price.. probably will implement a browser and operating system, chat support.. games and the controller won't determine this.. nintendo's ingenuity and the quality/deliverance of the "revolution" will...

Just got out my NES and played Duck Hunt! (The 21 years old machine still works well.)

Actually, the original console still remains the best solution to play an old game(The real experience). You can buy complete obsolete console ROM sets cheap and then put them on a DIY programmable cartridge. (Still haven't built it) Nice to play Genesis and NES if you can't find the game.

In fact, NES was quite innovative, on the controller side there's more technology than everything that got out after except Wii which in fact seems like a mix of the NES controllers put together. There was a simple controller, the Zapper, Power Glove, while every other consoles have and had controllers, getting more and more complicated. The Wii controller has as much buttons as the NES controller, you shoot as with the Zapper and can move your hand to make actions like the power glove.

I suppose it does come down to games, but how can you even compare this to ps3 which basically is basically just an upgrade from a line of a dozen or so console clones that function identically that every company has released as a showcase in the past 10 years.

In fact they're just like computers. The old ones can't handle the new game but the new one works with the old games. It's just dedicated to games instead of being able to do everything.

Personlly I wouldn't doubt sony they've clearly learned from their mistakes e.g. the total lack of power and graphics with the ps2, which limited alot of their games to nothing more than mediocre, even if the concept was good.

I think a character like Dante Sparda would really flourish given the nex gen treatment. Given the extend of the playstation collection I'm sure that there are many other charcters we will see become part of great games when relased from the limitations of the ps2. The contoller still has alot of cards riding on it though.

As for Nintendo where as PS3 on paper is very much next gen no one can deny that the Wii controller was the most nex gen move made by any of the companies. Their games are definalty going to have the orignatly edge, I mean who wouldn't want to use the contollers as a gun , sword or even a lightsaber! As for graphical worries nobody else is better at utalising graphics to look good than nintendo. Even the games that aren't tecnically good in terms of graphics have quirky style that is a joy to look at.

Are people ready for this inovative controller though? Well i think the DS proved that gamers aren't scared of change.

As for Xbox360 pffftttt don't make me laugh, Is it just me or is J Allard a prick. The 360 is not the powerfullest, its not the most inovative so what is it? oh yeah its the most sweaty(overheating crap). Don't buy a 360 whatever u do halo3 will be on pc eventullay anyways

Just a little note. PS2 does have VERY GOOD games with EXCELLENT graphics, just remember Gran Turismo 3 and 4, Burnout 3 and Revenge, etc. The Playstation can produce very good graphics, its all up to the devolopers to exploit its capabilities. Of course some games won´t compare to a Gamecube or X-Box.
For its age, I think the PS2 is a good console.
Now, let´s see the real power of Wii and of course, PS3 and the Cell processor.

PS2 exllent graphics are u having a laugh. Its famously had bad graphics and games that did excel in graphical terms were usally short and unsatifying, which brings me back to my previous point of the PS2s limitations deny good game characters and concepts I'm looking forward too seeing PS3 hopefully change this, but lets not foget Wii lol

you PS n Micro$oft fanboys are gonna kill the market slowly but surley, with your demand for power and dynisty warriros 12, tony hawks 46, devil may cry 10 and GranTurismo 7.

If the Wii has not interested you in anyway, you are a shallow mindless retard, who should never be called a gamer.

(yes i am a Ninty fan but STFU cause i own a 360 n PS2 n PSP (PSP is a total waste of time and money btw, £280 for a 1GB mp3 player WOW DUDE AWSUM ........ o_0

If the Wii has not interested you in anyway, you are a shallow mindless retard, who should never be called a gamer.
If you can't refrain from calling people names, we'll make sure you don't post here again.

Watch what you say k1n9k00p4.

sedarati said:
Yes try and keep it constructive otheriwse were no different than the damned apes! damn those apes!

Science Fiction Narrative said:
(planet of the apes)
...they're clearly smart enough to build houses and wear clothing, but just as clearly choose not to. But if they were able to communicate, and perhaps even select human representatives to speak and vote on their behalf, then maybe, just maybe, they'd be able to wrest back some control of their lives and homes in this human-dominated world.

see they're constructive (they can build houses), the man's just keepin' 'em down

Fiziks said:
see they're constructive (they can build houses), the man's just keepin' 'em down

Well if you want to live in an ape made house your welcome to i'll stick to human made products which reminds me wasnt this thread about the Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back