Not open for further replies.

NFiltrateG4

My rig specs are:

Asus A8N-Sli deluxe
2 gigs of pc3200
Radeon X1800XT
Antec-500w Smartpower
AMD 64 3200+

My situation is this. My friends laptop is running a 7800gs with a dual core proc. His fps always scores high 100% in FEAR and never drops below 60 FPS as well as never rises above 62FPS in WoW. But my rig scores 2%low 20%med 78%high in FEAR and drops below 40FPS in wow sometimes and reaches up to 78FPS in some areas. Why is the performance of my comp slower compared to a moble version of a GPU? If this info may also help, i run Rivatuner and my Volt Regulator A is always jumping from 8 - 12. Is my comp lacking something? or is this the potention my rig really can dish out compared to a laptop?

Could be vsync, You may need to turn off vsync soo it doesnt refresh using monitors refresh rate,

Or take up your refresh rate above 60hz, as dat is not a good refresh for gaming,

At the moment I am using a crt monitor and have the normal windows refresh rate at 75 i believe. In WoW im using atleast 75 or 85.

Maybe it's because you have a lot of programs running in the background that are slowing down the games. Your friend has 2 processor cores and one can handle background stuff and the other handles games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back