Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My rig specs are:

Asus A8N-Sli deluxe
    2 gigs of pc3200
    Radeon X1800XT
    Antec-500w Smartpower
    AMD 64 3200+

My situation is this. My friends laptop is running a 7800gs with a dual core proc. His fps always scores high 100% in FEAR and never drops below 60 FPS as well as never rises above 62FPS in WoW. But my rig scores 2%low 20%med 78%high in FEAR and drops below 40FPS in wow sometimes and reaches up to 78FPS in some areas. Why is the performance of my comp slower compared to a moble version of a GPU? If this info may also help, i run Rivatuner and my Volt Regulator A is always jumping from 8 - 12. Is my comp lacking something? or is this the potention my rig really can dish out compared to a laptop?
  2. tweakboy

tweakboy TS Maniac Posts: 518

Could be vsync, You may need to turn off vsync soo it doesnt refresh using monitors refresh rate,

Or take up your refresh rate above 60hz, as dat is not a good refresh for gaming,
  3. NFiltrateG4

NFiltrateG4 TS Rookie Topic Starter

At the moment I am using a crt monitor and have the normal windows refresh rate at 75 i believe. In WoW im using atleast 75 or 85.
  4. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

Maybe it's because you have a lot of programs running in the background that are slowing down the games. Your friend has 2 processor cores and one can handle background stuff and the other handles games.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.