Why are PCI-E GPU's more expensive than their....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ligar

Why are PCI-E GPU's more expensive than their AGP equivilents?

I thought PCI-E held no disadvantages/advantages over AGP performance wise?

Is it becuase of the SLI capability?

They shouldent charge a premium for that since it requires no additional manufacturing or additions to the GPU itself.

So what gives???

PCI-e is faster then AGP although it is only in theory right now. Some PCI-e cards also do not need a molex connector for the PCI-e port can provide more power then AGP. & of course as in any computer part, the newer technologies are more expensive then old(er) ones.

Ok so when PCI-E does become faster than AGP, the PCI-E cards we buy now, will be obsolete.

Unless its a software change???

THis extra cost is cheeky, just an excuse for the greedy ****ers to further rod us.

you'ev got to take into account the expenses associated with changing the manufactured product. a factory making agp cards will have to undergo expensive changes to start making the newer interfaces. with the competition ot there these days, i doubt there's some mass conspiracy to rob the consumer.

Conspiracy?

Ligar said:
Ok so when PCI-E does become faster than AGP, the PCI-E cards we buy now, will be obsolete.

QUOTE]

Yes, and so will your processor, motherboard, RAM and all of your software. Marketing, it's everywhere, even in your underwear. Unless you made your own from organic hemp fibers. Damn, it's in there too. :giddy:

Yes, and so will your processor, motherboard, RAM and all of your software. Marketing, it's everywhere, even in your underwear. Unless you made your own from organic hemp fibers. Damn, it's in there too. :giddy:

lolololol i know m8 but us gamers get absolutely **** raped when we buy hardware...

One reason is that R&D is an absolute bloody lie for some hadrware. Greedy bastards at Intel reached the 100GHz barrier millenia ago... And nVIDIA and ATI already have 2010's cards today.

Dont u understand the bastards just want to milk us of our cash with crappy hardwar ethey claim is new and took them ages to discover, lol.

Secondly, hardware becomes a piece of useless obsolete **** after a year or two.

Both those points should = cheaper hardware.

Just think about it.

You buy an FX 6800 Ultra today and in two years, its gonna play games like a bloody slide show and then in another half year, it will be obsolete.

Thats £350 for something that will become a piece of useelss smelly stinking heap of **** within 2 1/2 years...

think about this AGP has topped out at 12x (33mhz x 12) and PCI Express goes upto 16x (33mhz x 16) at this current time. Which is faster? Do the math. AGP is an extention of PCI, they went back and found a better way to make PCI faster and that is PCI Express. Plus price does not make a card better, just more cost to you. It's true Doom 3 runs slower on my Geforce FX 5700 than it would on the higher ones even though my system more than blows away the recomended specs. Also cost is dependent on a couple of things, supply and demand. If demend is too high for supply cost is higher, if supply is higher than demand cost goes down. PCI Express is the latest and greatest. So every gamer wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back