Why can't I fixed entries in HijackThis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adu123

Everytime I place a check mark in front of the entry which I wanted to fix, and then clicked the " fix check" button, the entry will always come back. I know this because they are still there when I re-scan. I also noticed all the entries I fixed in the past still in the backup section, couldn't delete them either. Does any expert know what's going on? Thank you so much

I am not an expert but, if using XP, you should turn off system restore, boot into Safe Mode and try again. Also run Spybot S&D in Safe Mode.

Before that, though, Start Internet Explorer, click tools, internet options, then click delete cookies, delete files (check offline too) and clear history, one at a time. Then click Start, programs, accessories, system tools, and then click Disk Cleanup and check ALL the boxes displayed (may take a couple min's).

I tried all the things you suggested, and still can't fix those entries, any other ideas?

I figure it out, in order to fix entries in HijackThis in Window Vista, you have to run it as an administrator, otherwise it won't let you fix anythings. Thanks for the suggestion:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back