why does my dvd disc keep freezing on my ps2?

By kundi13
Jun 2, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i just converted avi file to dvd files using vso divx to avi software and i burnt it on a dvd+r disc and now when i play it on ps2 it keeps freezing for 2secz and carries on keeps doing occuring...can anyone help me why is this hapening???
  2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

sounds like a bad burn. try burning at a slower speed not at maximum. say around 4X. also if your burner supports the capability make sure that bitsetting is set to show the DVD+R as a DVD Rom. this increases compaitability with stand alone players.
  3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,277   +22

Can it be that the PS2 isn't made for playing DVD video(at least not for that only)? Just a thought coz this happens with all of my friends when they try to play any DVD movies on their PS2s but the same discs work fine on a standard DVD player.
  4. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

my kida have two PS2's that play DVD's just fine. the PS2 is picky about burned DVD's though.
  5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,277   +22

Sorry for not mentioning that but I was talking about burned DVD movies.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.