Why does the XFX 8800 GTS 640 MB costs so much money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianinlfc

Hi,
I got a question about this particular card. The
WHY does the XFX8800 GTS 640 MB costs so MUCH $$$$$$$??
Like this one here:-
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...tails.asp?EdpNo=3247594&body=MAIN#detailspecs

I mean loking at it's Core Clock of 500Mhz it's seems SLOWER then the other cards around like the 8800GT Alpha dog extreme which has a core clock of above 650. And it costs about $100 Less!!!!
What makes this XFX 8800 GTS so expensive? what is the benfit of getthing this card? Besides the 640MB?
Or is the price difference just because of the memory?
Please enlighten me in this. Thank you.
Brian.

It's expensive because it was costly to produce before they decided to stop its production. The current GTS being produced in the 512MB one.

brianinlfc said:
That sucks. cos I bought one and now I want to sell it I cant even sell it for $250! :(
Thats because you can pick up 8800GT's for a lot cheaper than the old 8800GTS 320/640 and its a lot more powerful. Nobodies gonna want to buy an expensive card when they know they can get better ones cheaper.

Your best option is to probably keep it (or give it to me for nothing:p ) so when you build a new PC out of your old parts you can just pop it in. I don't sell my PC parts after I've replaced them with newer parts. I just box them away and when I have enough old parts, I put them together and than give them away in bulk. Usually to a friend or family for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back