Why doesn't my computer turn back on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cragwin

i restarted my computer after a message told me to after using ''tuneup utilities''. After restarting the first bit with the logo for the motherboard loads (with the press tab or delete for different boot screens) and then when it should go to the windows xp logo and the loading green bar below it doesnt and just goes black and does absolutly nothing at all, ive tried moving parts around and pushing things in and out and everything on the motherboard and even put in my windows xp boot disc and even that dosent let me boot from the cd. what do i do? please help me lol

Remove your Bios battery to reset it then replace the battery .What this does is sits everythign back to defult...

Be wary of "tuneup utilities"...none exist in the real world.I suggest you run a complete spyware and virus scan after you reset your Bios...turn off Sys Restore and reboot first...you can re-enable Sys Restore after you,re certain no "garbage" was installed....{ however, relying on Sys Restore to bail you out is a 50/50 deal at best, imo } ;)

Tune Up Utilities a very good program it does a very good job it actually does what is suppose to do. I have been usng it for a very long time since it came out . ANd besides tune up does have a back up in case you have a problem like this guy is..

check out there site

http://www.tune-up.com/

tbrunt3 said:
Tune Up Utilities a very good program it does a very good job it actually does what is suppose to do. I have been usng it for a very long time since it came out . ANd besides tune up does have a back up in case you have a problem like this guy is..

check out there site

http://www.tune-up.com/
Then you,re a beginner chief...anybody that relys on on 3rd party software to "clean" a puter is...

Dont know who you are calling a beginner bud .. Been working on or with computers since the 80's.. Just dont knock a program unless you try it out your self is all I am saying .And yes dont trust most 3rd party programs but they do have a propose and some actually work and do what they say this jsut happens to be one of them.. I personally know how to remove programs and crap from the registery it self but some people do not this is why there are programs like this as well as a few others that do the same thing out there...

that is the little circle battery isnt it? i took it out and then replaced it but the same thing happens. how do i re-enable sys-restore?

i pressed delete at the begining when my comp first turns on and enabled superboot (i dont know why i did) and now my computer just goes black from the begining. its totalled isnt it?

cragwin said:
i pressed delete at the begining when my comp first turns on and enabled superboot (i dont know why i did) and now my computer just goes black from the begining. its totalled isnt it?

Look in the bios settings to confirm that your hard disk is recognised.

Boots

i can see nothing at all anymore it turns on but does nothing so i cant check it, but im pretty sure i saw it regonised ealier when trying.

This sounds to me like you`ve got some kind of hardware failure.

Unless you are confident enough to start taking your system apart, maybe it`s time to take your computer and have a computer tech look at it for you.

Regards Howard :suspiciou

ive now formatted my computer and am sure i will have more problems to come, already its bodged when tryign to boot and frozen and i dont know why, it siad before formattign that i was missing the sys/config file or somthing like that so i formatted and lost my not very important files. thanks for all your suggestions and im sure they wud of worked on a normal good computer but mine is a bawbag. thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back