Why is everybody seem to be killing each other

bedlam_4

Why does evrybody seem to be killing each other

Sheesh, I looked at my home page a minute ago and saw,"Hindus stalking the streets of Amahdabad killing muslims and burning their homes and shops. Now, I know Hitler was demon posessed but what in the world is going on? :(

Replies to this post are not neccesary. Please post if you also are bothered by all this violence and killing lately. Is it ever going to subside. I keep hoping it will.

I used to think that all muslims walked about with rifles and big knives....

I used to look at them and think that they were like children playing guns...

Until a good muslim friend enlightened me.....

Its just the bad lot that are doing that. Its just the rotten core. Not everyone is like that, and you have to realise and appreciate that.

Most people are peace loving and kind. We, as a race, have to reject violence in all of its forms. We are not that evolved yet. But I like to think that we are getting there.

that news was quite a surprise for me. i haven't been watching the news lately, and all of the sudden, boom. people are killing and burning each other again.
i don't care what the conflict is, i just want it to end.

I don't like to see this either (i m a freethinker). Just wish sometimes they could just sit down and discuss sincerely? (I m not sure when will this happen)

I prefer looking at as 'certain persons in a certain situation' The point is not they are Turkish or Muslim. You put a christian or an athe in the same situation (culture, education, economy, social, ....) and you obtain the same result.

The western world has evolved faster than the other (partialy because they wanted to and kept the other ones down). I will try to explain with an example.

Let's say we are a modern civilisation. In our evolution we are at a certain phase. That phase comes with it's own characteristics (technology, social disturbence, culture, ...). The other civilisation are not yet were we are but are yet tempted by our phase. In other words: f.i. Africa is still a rural based civilisation but it is confornted with problems from a modern civilisation. They are temped by ours, but are not yet ready to handle it. And of course, the clever ones take advantage of it.

Don't discuss the words I used, I mean the general idea. These are examples to prouve a contrast and are the concidered the truth, but yet, we should think about it.

Re: Why does evrybody seem to be killing each other

Originally posted by bedlam_4
Sheesh, I looked at my home page a minute ago and saw,"Hindus stalking the streets of Amahdabad killing muslims and burning their homes and shops. Now, I know Hitler was demon posessed but what in the world is going on? :(
Don't worry about it, this has been going on all over the world forever.
That said the only thing I really despise is those who fight for, or defend it, by relegion.

Re: Re: Why does evrybody seem to be killing each other

Originally posted by 3DSThomas
That said the only thing I really despise is those who fight for, or defend it, by relegion.
Religion is the root of all evil.

Re: Re: Re: Why does evrybody seem to be killing each other

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli

It does provide quite a nice excuse to kill people (among other things), doesn't it? You must admit though, this is not only limited to the Muselim creed. I can't say it is the root of all evil, it has its ups and downs. But like anything, it can be subverted for great malevolence. (This happens quite a bit, I might add. It's been happening since it's creation).

I don't think people are killing anymore than usual... I believe we are just hearing about it more. Genocide gets much more publicity than just plain old murders.

Will it end? Nah. It's the way it is and probably will be for quite some time. People just like killing other people and until all the stupid people manage to kill each other... Da da da life goes on... :( The conintuation of this entire system that is our daily lives makes me lose my faith in humanity about 1½ steps at a time.

It is not the religion that tells us to kill, it is our own hatred.

Eating, sleeping, sex, and controlling\visiting violence upon other humans, (mainly to control territory, which equates to food, and mating partners) are all very basic drives, in the survival game. I may have reversed the order of 3 & 4.
Other, learned behaviors we aquire, are only to increase our chances of success, at the more basic instincts.

I agree on some points

Religion is definatly gives people reason to fight, but you have to remember what drives religion.

GREED

Greed is why this world is so screwed up. These people believe in different types of religion try to embelish it upon others for their own greedy needs.

The fighting in the middle east will never stop, and US will eventually have to pull out. If they dont, things are just going to get worse. It seems like most countries in the middle east hate the US, but I'm from the US, and don't hate anyone. I do NOT LIKE things like terrorism and the way woman are treated by the Talibian, but I dont hate anyone.

Money is the root of all evil
Time is Money
Women = Time x Money
Women = Money x Money
Women = Money2
Money = Root(Evil)
Women = Evil....

Its not religion that is evil. Most modern religions are similar in ways to politics and government. Its the way people can be manipulated by the people in power through religion, government and politics that is evil....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why does evrybody seem to be killing each other

Originally posted by Arris

Money is the root of all evil
Time is Money
Women = Time x Money
Women = Money x Money
Women = Money2
Money = Root(Evil)
Women = Evil....
LOL! :haha:

Originally posted by 3DS Crazyace
Religion is definatly gives people reason to fight, but you have to remember what drives religion.

GREED

Greed is why this world is so screwed up. These people believe in different types of religion try to embelish it upon others for their own greedy needs.

The fighting in the middle east will never stop, and US will eventually have to pull out. If they dont, things are just going to get worse. It seems like most countries in the middle east hate the US, but I'm from the US, and don't hate anyone. I do NOT LIKE things like terrorism and the way woman are treated by the Talibian, but I dont hate anyone.

Yes it amazing how greed can be a motivator of murder, torture, cruelty, malice, hatred.....

Remember in the Garden of Eden, and the Snake tempted Eve with "The Apple"?

Why did she take it?

GREED.

If anything ever destroys human civilisation, which for all we know is the only intelligent life in the universe (a freak accident, perhaps?) it will be GREED.

In philosophical way, there would be no "evil" if there were no religions.
In the dark ages, christianity taught (some) people to read & write, they spread songs etc. but crusades destroyed other cultures. Not to mention Spanish conquistadors who destroyed Aztec & Maya civilizations. Believers of Mictlantecuhtli were burnt if they didn't turn into christianity. :(
..but there are bad things with other religions as well, I'm equally against every other religion, too.

We can rule the Galaxy as Father and Son....

Originally posted by Phantasm66
Yes it amazing how greed can be a motivator of murder, torture, cruelty, malice, hatred.....

Remember in the Garden of Eden, and the Snake tempted Eve with "The Apple"?

Why did she take it?

GREED.

If anything ever destroys human civilisation, which for all we know is the only intelligent life in the universe (a freak accident, perhaps?) it will be GREED.

Isn't it strange.... Dark and terrible...????

We might be the only intelligent living things in parsecs of space, billions of Galaxies, Trillions of stars....

A shining perl amid a sea of barren sand....

And we might all blow each other up over oil, gold, or $$$ ????

Its best not to think about it. But often I think we are all going the way of the dinosaur....

And then, what was it all worth? The Beatles...?? The Ancient Greeks.... Shakespear....?? The Pentium processor????

I think we must ask why this is happening.It seems as though everyday people are been co-erced into astonishing acts of violence/hatred/revenge. There is always a leader who will lead his followers to his own vision of utopia, whether it be good or bad, with a flock ready to do his bidding.
To me it seems that certain leaders (political, religious and the like) are more interested in pointing out the twig in their opponents eye rather than the stick in their own. Intolerance and self-preservation seem to be becoming the norm nowadays.
I mean, we've been on this planet for millenia now and still we fight each other because of race,religion or political beliefs. You'd think we'd have learnt tolerance by now.
Maybe there's some monstrous Beast with 666 plastered on his neanderthal forehead twitching his fingers and pulling the strings of his little puppets to his twisted amusement.
One consolation is that one day (maybe not in our lifetime) we will all realise that we are the one and same and banish the thoughts of this caveman altogether.

You'd think we'd have learnt tolerance by now.

You bring up an interesting point, exactly because the two bit dictators of today and of the past have always tried to do what they thought was best for themselves. Everyone always want to do the right thing, Jehovah's Witnesses really don't like to see you go to Hell.

I mean, we've been on this planet for millenia now and still we fight each other because of race,religion or political beliefs.

Until you define an exact moral scale for everyone to base their judgement upon, then as long as the concept of good and bad exists, 'tolerance' is a dream...

Do you tolerate murder?

It's not murder, it's self defense, says Israel Army.

I watched BlackHawk Down since the original posting of this thread. I was stunned, floored, astounded at the Black Leader's remark."Killing is our world. You Americans can't change that."
Well I know someone who can and will bring peace to this earth.
Death, hate, killing , flesh eating bacteria, cruelty to both humans and animals. I think its going to get worse. I think it is because we are getting better at it. Smarter and technologically better. Its easier to be mean on a larger scale. To effect more people. Well you guys hold down the fort and try to spread a little peace and kindness in your worlds. See ya:) .

You are only 1/3 right, money and power are behind it too. I would really like to tell you that religion isn't a factor but that is not the case. I too along with you guys wish it would stop. This world we live in is plenty big for all of us. Wish we could all live in harmony but that isn't gonna happen.

In philosophical way, there would be no "evil" if there were no religions
Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"
Priest: "No, not if you did not know."
Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
~Annie Dillard

Money is not the root of all evil, desire is.

Desire, or drive to achieve what one does not possess, pushes individuals to act beyond their best interests. If I live in a mud hut and my family has no food, I desire sustenance for my family; so I go to the next town and steal food from a wealthier family (killing someone in the process). You may state that this is rather simplistic, but reverse the role onto the wealthy family.

This family has more than they need, so much so, they have to store their excess at an external site (a bank). Do they know about my family in the mud hut starving? Probably not. Would they care? Possibly. But they would definitely not care if I killed a member of their compound while stealing from them. If we would shift our focus to that of compassion (giving people what they really need), I believe that this world would see a dramatic shift.

Back