Why is my computer crashing!? please someone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to check to see if this question was already posted, BUT, I'm in a hurry lol
my system is crashing like crazy!

It doesn't matter what I am on/doing, the whole tower shuts off and doesn't re-start. When I do re-start (power buttton) Windows doesn't say what problem occured, kwim? you would think it would tell me what kind of error/prob caused the crash.
I even try to run a virus program but it shuts off not even half way through the scan. :(

Why do you think this is happening to me? :knock: :knock: :knock: :knock:

Thanks in advance

Christa

Please provide a little more detail about your system and the problem.

Running XP, w2K? Processor type, memory, etc.

How long have you had your computer and when did this start happening? Did you install anything (hardware or software) prior to this beginning to happen?

How long does your computer stay on before it shuts down? When it shuts
down, are you saying it actually powers down? It it shutting down in the middle of you using it or do you step away and come back and it's powered down?

Do you have it plugged into a surge protector, is everthing plugged in tight?

Random shots in the dark . . . :grinthumb

I have XP, Intel(R) Celron (TM) CPU
I only have Service Pack 1
256 MB of RAM
1.20 GHz

I had this since 2001 (late)

I haven't really downloaded anything new, I did DL Limewire but took it back out.
I could be in the middle of pogo.com *games* here posting or browsing and it just shuts completley down, without re-starting on it's own. It seems to shut down more when I'm scrolling. ???

Grrr! it's okay now, knock on wood! BUT I know it's going to shut down again lol :blackeye:

oh. I don't have a surge protector.. and I did re check cords etc..

I also just recently (just 15 mins ago) took the cover off and cleaned it with cold air. :wave:

Your computer could be restarting because of overheating. Check your CPU fans and see if they are working properly.

It could also be the power supply causing the computer to keep restarting. Put in a different power supply if you can, and see if the problem still occurs.

Hey molson, you know what?! I think that was the problem (over heating) LOL
Ever since I cleared the ton of dust from the fan(S) :blush:
it hasn't happened since :haha:

Thanks so much guys..you ROCK! xoxoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back