Why Jase123 and God of Mana are banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeapingThongs

Why Jase123 and God of Mana are banned?

Just want to know the reason to see if it is nessessary on my opinion or not also I am asking is cause it is for my refference and study if this site really is:

"you play my game, you play by my rule and I can do anything even if it is unfair and abusing and I can also ban anyone even if it is not nessessary"

I dont know neither of them.... as far as I see Jase123 was participating on the thread I created https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic89135.html and was one of the people that helping my problem. Few while later I realize that one of his post was deleted at in that thread and theres a "banned" next to his name. I dont remember his post was bad. So I ask why he was banned in the same thread... later and see my post was queitly deleted.

Also see God of Mana has "banned" next to his name.

Also was making "Utter Crap" threads threads like how to pronounce Hii and Math problem etc in the meeting spot section which believe to be off-topic section.... and got a threat from a mod saying I will be ban if I continue to make "Utter Crap" post.

So... im just trying to study if this site really is:

"you play my game, you play by my rule and I can do anything even if it is unfair and abusing and I can also ban anyone even if it is not nessessary"

btw this site has potential with lots of helpful people but the system seems to be bossy... but I cannot confirm 100% yet... just 99%.... I must know why Jase123 and God of Mana is banned.

Hello,

I have no idea why Jase123 is banned.

But all i know is that God of Mana is temporarily banned from this forum, he should be able to come back here this week. The reason of that is to keep making the useless topics, pissing off the Techspot's staff.

Thank you.

The site is how you are 99% sure it is. The site isn't a playground for you to do whatever you want and it isn't a place for you to come and get some entertainment out of it. It is primarily a forum for solving computer problems. Meeting Spot was placed there to allow some community interaction and be a bit less serious than the rest of the site.

Threads and posts will get deleted without notice. When you signed up you saw that announcement. There really isn't anything you can do about it, it is our discretion. If you don't like it, go find somewhere else. I've been involved with a few boards covering a wide range of topics, and the mods here at Techspot are among the most fair and leinent I've encountered.

I've seen this happen before, someone gets banned, then one of the other guys that also was on thin ice notices it and makes a thread complaining. You have been creating worthless threads seemingly for your entertainment and were asked to stop. Now you are trying to rally support behind yourself and create some kind of social uprising. Well it isn't going to work. Because at the end of the day Julio trusts his moderators, most of us have been doing it for several years, and your little dispute on how things are run is not going to change anything.

I should also mention that we take the time to talk to users through the threads in which they post or via private messages to try to get them to change their ways. If it has no effect only then do we go to the next step of banning temporarily & then permanently.

Do not think that banning actions come out of the blue, if you're about to be banned you'll know it way before it happens.

As most of you should be aware of, a long time ago we wrote some guidelines on how to remain in good standing here on the TechSpot forums. Those haven't changed much over the years and in general are very basic principles of what is accepted and what is not, how we expect members to be respectful to each other, and how we like to keep things tidy and organized around here.

SNGX is correct in that we can not let members do away with whatever they please. This is not an off-topic, generalized social networking environment, but a more controlled technology oriented website where ease of information, interaction, and help & support should be prioritized.

I don't have complete details on how these two members got banned, but I can say our team of moderators really go the extra mile in discussing and debating what actions are to be taken, 95% of the time decisions are not deliberate and that is a lot more than I could ask for.

If you feel you have been subject to abuse from our mod team you can always reach me and I will try to investigate the issue, but keep in mind my time is limited and sometimes I've found myself to be more strict than mods themselves.

As a side note... you will find many many different kinds of forums around the net, some better moderated than others. I'm proud to say TechSpot has one of the nicest community environments you will find in the Tech category and all you have to do is follow some basic rules that for some will come as plain common sense.

Oh ok... well glad there's a well civil replies and explanation, was expecting flames, thread be deleted queitly and Howard participation of thread.

Julio suits to be the man. Well deal with people.

I shall stop making Utter Crap threads... like stop asking how to pronounce Hii, Math problem ect... Will only come here whenever I have technical problem related to computer and tech.

I shall now not have any doubts on techspot.

The reason Jase123's first reply in the thread you linked to in your first post was deleted was that it was utterly wrong.

This is Julio's website, so he should know!

I don`t really have anything much to add to what has already been said by Julio/SNGX1275/Didou.

I try and base my moderating decisions on the interests of Techspot and nothing else. None of my decisions are ever personal and to be honest, I really don`t enjoy banning anyone. However, sometimes it is necessary and is not something I do lightly.

When I send someone such as yourself a warning via a pm, it`s in the hope that the situation that prompted the warning won`t arise again. This is from my point of view, the desired and best possible outcome.

As to why certain individuals are banned, I believe that should remain between the moderating team and the individual concerned. It wouldn`t be fair on the individual concerned to discuss the particulars of a ban with anyone else.

Regards Howard :)

As to why certain individuals are banned, I believe that should remain between the moderating team and the individual concerned. It wouldn`t be fair on the individual concerned to discuss the particulars of a ban with anyone else.
Fair enough. All forums are different and their admins and mods run them in the way they best see fit. However, another forum in which I am a member, a gaming oriented forum, posts suspensions and bans with a brief description of the reason for the ban and sometimes a link to the offending item. No additional posts or comments by other members are allowed.

It serves to let other members know their limits and what the consequences of exceeding those limits. Of course, all forums have guidelines but many do not read them. One of the benefits of the public bannings and suspensions is to remind members what the guidelines are and why they should read them. Another benefit is that it shows the bannings and suspensions were not capricious or unfair.

Of course, just because another forum does something does not mean this one should necessarily do the same. I realize how other forums are run has no bearing on how this one is run. Anyway, just another viewpoint on this issue.

I thought about that for a sec mailpup. I think that approach does have some value, but I think it is too harsh for the benefit it would have here. We ban very few people here, it is actually extremely rare. I think (outside of spammers) we've banned 3 guys in the last month or 2, which is more than I can remember in the past year. It is such an uncommon occurance, I don't think it is fair to the person that got banned to have their reason paraded in front of the forum.

LeapingThongs,

Here is your answers. I hope this topics should serves as your warnings.

Jase123's warning.

God of Manas's warning.

Edited:

And I found this topic was made by you.
SNGX1275 is correct. This is not a place to have a content to get the highest posts. This is a place to get help.

SNGX1275, I have failed to notice that you have made the most amazing post relating on how to make a good post. I will try to remember to follow this guideline. Thank you!

SNGX1275, I see what you are saying and it is reasonable, especially for these forums. In the other forum I referred to, as a gaming oriented one, it has a fairly high proportion of younger members. Still, it is a very tightly run forum with a low (no) tolerance for ranting, spamming, warez and otherwise nonproductive posts, not that these forums are much different in this respect. However, in the other forum there are a fair number of suspensions and bannings. That forum probably needs the public flogging deterrent factor much more than here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back