Why my cpu fan stopped for few second and spinning again??

Status
Not open for further replies.
recently i have bought a new graphic card Galaxy 7300 128 RAM DDR3 nad another 512 DDR2 533 mhz RAM,after using for few days i found that my cpu fan is stopping for 5 seconds and spinning again....i thought is PSU problem so i change my 400w PSU to 500w PSU..but the problem still exist!!iis that ok for the cpu fan stop for few seconds and spinning again????
my system:
CPU Info
CPU 1/1
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Family Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz
Architecture 32-bit
Internal Clock 2.7 GHz
Internal Clock Maximum 2.7 GHz
External Clock 133.0 MHz
Socket Designation Socket 775
Type Central
HyperThreadingTechnology Available - Disabled
Capabilities MMX, CMov, RDTSC, SSE, SSE2, PAE
Version Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz
Caches
Level 1 32 KB
Level 2 1 MB
motherboard : gigabyte 81915G
graphic card : galaxy 7300 128ram DDR3
RAM : 512 +512 DDR2
DVDburner
thanks
from alvin

It is a heat-sensitive/system-controlled fan and stops spinning when the CPU is cool enough?

I think that may be the case. Normally, this is common with AMD processors that use their Cool n' Quiet technology. Dunno about Intel though.

got smart

i ask my friend 2day, he said my intel cpu got smart ,if less program will consume less power but dont know whether will stop for few second and spinning again??anyone use intel cpu???thanks

Once the fan stops, the CPU gets hotter and the fan needs to start up again?

The thing is, you can't run an electric motor at an infinitely slow speed. So the fan has to start and stop instead of just making very slow turns.

I have also seen power supply fans do the same thing... Its a nice feature actually. Keeps the fan noise down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back