Why Overclocked? Is it really necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
overclocking is the practice of running one or more components of a computer at higher clock speeds than specified by the manufacturer. the goal is to increase performance with spending little or no money. if done right, overclocking can yield significant performance gains and bring about better performance. if done wrong, it can cause lower performance, instability, and hardware failure.

Yer i think to OC is great i saved about $100.
i was goin to upgrade to a amd athlon xp 3000+ but instead i just over-clocked
my amd athlon xp 2800+ it was a save of money and it was fun!

Oc'ing saved me a few hundred dollars by not having to buy a faster chip. I paid $150 for an amd 3000+ and oc'ed it from 1.8 to 2.45ghz. A 3800+, a 2.4ghz chip costs $369 now, so that's $219, a big deal to me. Although if I had fried my chip, I could have lost $150, so it's a gamble.

I run my P-4 from 2.0Ghz to 2.4Ghz. At normal speeds I score about 11500 on 3D mark 2001SE and when overclocked i get about 12500... or something like that. I have my CPU fan running harder than its supposed to but if it fries then thats $10 down, I'd rather that happen then my CPU fry and $110 down. I don't bother to Oc my Gpu. its fast enough for halo.

thanks, now i have an idea on how to fry me buds CP...hahahaha. tahnks dude.......

just kiddin.....

Thanks guys , Now I have an idea....i think i'd better stick to my default Clck spedd. better leave it to the expert...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back