Status
Not open for further replies.

HitmanAngel2k3

I've just finished building a new system:
ASUS P4S800
3.0GHz prescott cpu
768 RAM pc2100
and 2 HDDs- 80Gigs each...
hard drives were installed from my other, "old" system but everything else is new, but i just thought that i could use HDs from my old system and won't have to re-install OS...well when PC boots up it recognizes new CPU, new mobo, and HDDs and other drives and memory too, but then it says "Loading OS Error"
so...could it be something i connected wrong in the hardware? or what other info do you need to help me out...thank you all for your help

HitmanAngel2k3 said:
I've just finished building a new system:
ASUS P4S800
3.0GHz prescott cpu
768 RAM pc2100
and 2 HDDs- 80Gigs each...
hard drives were installed from my other, "old" system but everything else is new, but i just thought that i could use HDs from my old system and won't have to re-install OS...well when PC boots up it recognizes new CPU, new mobo, and HDDs and other drives and memory too, but then it says "Loading OS Error"
so...could it be something i connected wrong in the hardware? or what other info do you need to help me out...thank you all for your help

One reason why you are having problems is, you old hdd will have the mobo drivers for your old system, and wont work with your new mobo.

If doing a repair install doesnt work, then a complete format, and full reinstall of your os should do the trick.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back