TechSpot

Why won't my laptop go online?

By B Schuhmann
Jun 21, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. Hi I recently purchase a refurbished acer cloudbook laptop, I am pretty much a beginner at the computer thing. So I logged in like I always do, and I can't get the laptop to go online. We have a great connection. But when we click on the Firefox icon I see the little blue ring flicker really quick, and then nothing. Usally I click it, and it stays on while I am going online. But it does nothing.

Do you have any ideas? What could be wrong with it? I am confused. I have tried looking at the display, or control panel for info, but it really doesn't want to work right. I also have an icon for the Acer cloudbook Care Center, doesn't do any good because I can't get online to do anything.

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,665   +312

Check for warranty and if still covered, call for support.

"it really doesn't want to work right" in what way? System - Device Manager - will display issues with yellow exclamation point inside a triangle.

Do you have anti-virus and malware protection? last scan?

3. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,615   +336

Not to sound ignorant, but you said " little blue ring flicker really quick, " may I ask what blue ring?