Why would a system.dll icon suddenly appears on my desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This computer had been acting all kinds of crazy as of late but that has got me too worried yet since I have most of my files backed up and I plan on buying a new one shortly. I just want this one to last a little longer.
Every so often it blue screens me but I can always get it back by either booting in safe mode (which in never does-it always just goes back to normal) or some other thing, each time it take something different.

Should probably just re-install the OS but then I would have to redo all the other crap. Like I said I just want it to last a little longer with out a major break down.

However today it did something it has never done. After my usually 3 or so attempts to bring it back it finally did so, only this time I had a new Icon on the desktop which was a systems.dll icon. This has never happened before and I was wondering what the heck that thing is and can I just delete it off the desktop and not worry about it.
Or is it a symptom of something worse that I should be aware of?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Thanks!
-Jason

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It sounds to me like your system is infected with malware.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Nickademus only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back