Why Would BF Lag??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Face of LA

See Am wonderin why the hell BF Lags at sum points when i play it??
these are my specs

Intel Pentium D' Dual Core 3.40GHZ 4MB L2 Cache( Not Overclocked)
Intel 945 Mobo
2 GIGA Ram DDR2
GFX/Vid Card : MSI Geforce 6600 512MB DDR2 Pci Express
SATA Hard disk 250 GB
Acer 17" AL1717 LCD
450W PSU

Why??? What cud be the reason???sum one plz tell me cuz this gettin on my nerves, i mean F.E.A.R Runs just perfect with MAX GFX Settings

one

Hi Face Of LA,

I know you have a lot of RAM, but BF2 is a VERY memory intensive game. Are you running too much background programs while running BF2?

Also, a 6600 is probably bottlenecking that system. They used to be good midrangers, but they're starting to show their age.

Regards :wave:

^ Hey Homie, how u been??
I Also was wonderin if the GFX Card is the reason i dunno how did i make the choice and get this gfx card, the Core clock of it is 350MHZ, Cud that be the reason? i mean i can overclock it but i actually dunno how, i dont wanna mess anythin, so if anyone can help me with overclockin that wud be cool
And about the Background programs i think no, but i can see in the "Processes Page" theres is like between 22-38 Processes workin, i can disable them but i think it will do sumthin to the system so i'd rather not mess with that to, but if sumone can tell me safe processes to disable that wud be great.

one

I've been fine thanks :D

You can overclock the 6600 using Riva tuner, or PowerStrip. Just make sure you don't fry it :hotouch:
But I bet you wouldn't see a dramatic performance difference. You would just void your warranty, and possibly fry your card. Not recommended.

Regarding the processes, you may be running too many. Right now, I'm running these ones:

untitledgl2.jpg

But when I'm going to game, I just leave 15 or 14 processes.

You can run msconfig (Start button, run, and type msconfig) check the Startup tab, and just leave the programs you want. Nothing will be harmed, don't worry. And your PC should boot faster.
I normally have this selected only:

untitled2oc7.jpg

And my PC boots pretty quick, and I can play BF2 without too many problems.

Regards :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back