Wi-Fi availability long range

Hi,

I Live in UAE. Here I have a problem Wi-Fi range. The only Wi-Fi router available in our accommodation facility is about 30 to 40 m far from my room. I bought an extender antenna receiver from Alfa. Now I am getting a decent signal to my laptop and I am connected to internet. I installed a Wi-Fi drive and utility app called Ralink in my laptop computer to get this. I have to keep this receiver out of my room with a long USB cable for catching the signals. Now I would like to get the signals available for my Cell phone as well. Can anybody help me.

If the system needs an extra antenna to make it work, then a cellphone or table will not be able as there's no connection for it.
Instead, have you googled for "wifi range extender"? These sit somewhere between the existing router and the remote device(s) and operate by echoing the router wifi as input and producing another wifi transmitter.

I have checked it already.That thing need to be plugged in to a socket and it needs at least 5% of the strength of the signal.Unfortunately I am getting literally zero% signal in my room.What I am looking for is any availability of a sub-router with an antenna[Range Extender].I mean the antenna can be kept outside which will capture the weak signal and will boost it before feed in to the router.My problem is that even though the signal is getting strengthened,I am only able to give it to my laptop through a USB cable and not able to transmit at least in my room.I have tried the virtual router app as well on the computer,which again didn't do any good.

The layout goes like this:

ISP==Modem--WiFi_Router - - - - range extender 1/2 way between - - - devices normally out of range

There's no wire connection at all and the extender is placed so as to GET THE PRIMARY SIGNAL

Hi,

I Live in UAE. Here I have a problem Wi-Fi range. The only Wi-Fi router available in our accommodation facility is about 30 to 40 m far from my room. I bought an extender antenna receiver from Alfa. Now I am getting a decent signal to my laptop and I am connected to internet. I installed a Wi-Fi drive and utility app called Ralink in my laptop computer to get this. I have to keep this receiver out of my room with a long USB cable for catching the signals. Now I would like to get the signals available for my Cell phone as well. Can anybody help me.

Scan the divice name, and then you can connect.

The layout goes like this:

ISP==Modem--WiFi_Router - - - - range extender 1/2 way between - - - devices normally out of range

There's no wire connection at all and the extender is placed so as to GET THE PRIMARY SIGNAL

What I wand is a second router with a receiving antenna.Any possibilities.Thank you very much for the info by the way!

Back