Widescreen Resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

larrybody

I am looking to buy a 19 in. widescreen LCD. It has a native resolution of 1440X900. How can I verify that my graphics card can meet that resolution. One computer has a Radeon X800GTO AGP card and I think it might work, although the highest resolution listed is 1280X1024. The other computer came with on board graphics which has been discontinued in favor of a EVGA FX5500 PCI solution. How can I tell if these cards will work.

Both your graphics cards on the two computers will work with your new monitor's native resolution. The only reason the highest resolution listed is 1280x1024 is because the graphics card is limited by the monitor.

For example, my graphics card supports a maximum of 2560x1600, but it only lets me configure it up to 1280x1024, because my monitor only goes up to that much.

Both your graphics cards support resolutions of at least 1440x900, so you're ok. :)

Most should work

Upon installing any plug and play monitor your system will detect the possible resolutions. I personally have a 19" widescreen LCD and I have been able to use is at 1440x900 on systems with Nvidia FX 5200 wich is pretty dated.

Just make sure you have the newest nvidia or catalyst (ati) drivers installed and you will have no problems.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back