Widespread hack at Sony Pictures Entertainment reportedly brings down entire computer system

By Shawn Knight
Nov 24, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Sony appears to have once again been targeted by malicious hackers. On Monday, Sony Pictures Entertainment - the company's motion picture, television production and distribution arm - was essentially brought to a standstill as a result of a bizarre security...

Read more
  2. Seraphim401

Seraphim401 TS Enthusiast Posts: 58   +12

This so ****ing wrong.
    Littleczr likes this.
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

That's right pick on an easy target that is irrelevant to living needs.
  4. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Addict Posts: 439   +84

Maybe Sony has done wrong but stopping them from working is not cool at all.
  5. So when hackers does these images on a pc thing, are they image files open in a image viewer, or a program in full screen? lol
  6. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 824   +53

Could use the screensaver mechanism locking people out of the machines. Or replace the login screen on the pc with the picture. A few options if you already have software with control on the machine. Nightmare.
  7. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,432   +473

Their* #Correction

Sorry but that's all I could focus on through the article :p
  8. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,144   +486

gezzz what a joke (meaning the lame hackers)

so what's their demands? a movie about Mr bone head? or perhaps they want a shrubbery?
  9. TheLastPanda

TheLastPanda TS Member Posts: 78   +10

All the ones I've seen are just a program in full screen. Sometimes you can just get in to the cmd and start Explorer manually and it pops the desktop to the front. You can also bypass boot kits with USB boot tools. But I'm sure if I could do it after a semester at an I.T desk these guys would have already tried.
  10. I can't figure for the life of me what Sony has "done wrong"? If you don't like their products, you simply don't buy them. (It's not rocket science.) What pathetic excuse is there to cause damage & harm to people? (It's sad to see the human race degrade with each new generation.)
  11. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie TS Booster Posts: 62   +29

Shouldn't those links in that picture have been edited out?
  12. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

Who ever shared the image didn't think so.
  13. JeffDotNet

JeffDotNet TS Rookie

I am so tired of these sick people I am ready to have only one PC in the house connected to the internet, for entertainment purposes only.