Widnows XP crashed and won't start, black screen

oxxike

I was browsing the web and playing WOW on my laptop when suddenly, black and gray squares appeared to my screen, after that my laptop crashed, and I had to shut it down to restart it. After restart, my windows didnt start.. it completed the loading screen.. but the login menu didn't appear, instead I had a black screen.

I have tried numerous things, to get my pc working , but they haven't given me any results.

now my pc runs only in safe mode. the only way it works in normal mode , is when I delete my graphic card drivers from Device Manager, but that only works for ~5 minutes, and it's really slow , so I cant do anything.. afer 5 mins the black screen appears again.

I have also uploaded my Minidumps sine the crash.

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    197.7 KB · Views: 1
I read five of your most recent dumps and they all cite the Nvidia display driver nv4_disp.dll as the cause of your issues.

Update your video card to the latest drivers. However, there could be the possibility that the card may be either overheating or is dying due to the symptoms you gave, i.e. "black and gray squares appeared to my screen"

Back