Wierd clicking coming form Video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

tie_mann101

Hey guys, I was wondering if the clicking I sometimes hear from my Radeon X1900XT was normal. I only hear it when it's doing higher end rendering like fire and that sort of thing. I'd never heard it on my 9000Pro, even when it had alot of demand on it. I've never heard of this from anyone else either, so I am somewhat concerned. Any suggestions?

It could be something to do with the cooler.

The X1900 will ramp up the fan as needed so when things get heavy, it'll more than double the fan RPM's.

I try running with the case off and inspect the fan to see if it's a simple case of the fan chassis being a tad warped. When the fan kicks up to 100%, it might just be having some clearance problems with the fan housing as the plastic fan will warp a little further at 100% (flexing from the RPMS).

I heard it with my old GeForce 6800XT too, I guess it was some kind of coil noise (definitely not a fan because it didn't have one). It didn't affect anything, so I wasn't worried.

Yeah, my new X850 makes a weird noise too. It's coming from the fan control circuit. I thought it was my Silencer 5, but not.

Who cares anyway, if it works fine, you shouldn't be worried about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back