Wierd computer won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new here.
I tried to find another topic with this matter but I didn't find anyone who had the same problem as I have.

Well my problem is my computer turns itself off (yes off not rebooting or anything just like somone pulls the plug). I've monitored all the temperatures with Everest and nothing seems very high even when it's working. Right now in rest it's like this:
MB: 30C (86F)
CPU: 41C (106F)
GPU: 42C (108F)
GPU Sorrounding: 39C (102F)
HDD1: 28C (82F)
HDD2: 31C (88F)

I've also tried to clean the computer carefully several times.

The thing is when it's turned itself off (it occurs at any time really can be while working with something, watching a movie or just when I'm not using the computer at all...) you can't start it again after usually.
It's like there's no power so I thought it would be the powersupply. ALLTHOUGH the fans can rotate like 180 degrees when pressing the power button. I thought that was a bit wierd.

It seems it usually help to pull the plug and insert it again and then press the button the fans always move and sometimes the computer might boot up again but it usually takes like 10+ tries like this.
I've also waited for hours sometimes thinking it still might need to cool down even if the temps looked good but there's no difference then.. it still doesn't boot.

I'm just wondering if you would have any idea if this could be due to the power supply or perhaps it's some hardware problem?

And oh this is my system specs (nothing is overclocked):
CPU: P4 Prescott 3.6GHZ
MB: Asus P5ND2-SLI Deluxe
MEM: 2x 1GB DDR2 533MHZ Kingston
GFX: GeForce 7800GTX
HDD1: Maxtor 250GB
HDD2: WD 120GB
Power supply: 450W (got it with my chassi Antec 2)

Appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks.

Welcome to Techspot.
Your instincts sound correct to me. An overheated CPU will behave like your machine.Did you remove, clean and reapply some Artic silver etc.
Power supply would be next. Your machine does not look very old , perhaps you can pull the PSU and replace under warranty.
You do not state if you have replaced any components , and this you will have to do.
I would also check for shorts at MB mount points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back