Wierd Cpacity Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not as tech savvy as any of you so bare with me.

I have a Bufalo 250GB external usb hd. I use it to backup two computers. One computer it works great. The other..it shows me a lower capacity than the HD actually has and consequently I cannot load large files to it.

It says the HD is only 76GB, when it is 250GB. I am running XP on both computers. any ideas.

Not sure if it is relevant, but I have been trying to uninstall Norton SYstemworks...but to no avail.

Thanks for any help.

The one that says its 76gig is an older pc??

It may need a bios update to fix the problem if one is available!!!

The dell's bios probably has a limit of 76gig, this inst rare, a bios update my well fix the problem.

Also, is the pc updated to sp2??

Okay....sorry for the confusion....my explorer and defrag now read te right capacity, but when I copy it still says I don't have enough space even though I sould have 10X the space necessary.

Sorry for the mistake before..Iwas reading the wrong line...OOPS.

mattrugby,
"manually using Explorer" isn't a very good way to back up important data. You have 76GB left on a 250GB hard drive? Go into "My Computer". Opposite click on the hard drive icon and select "properties". Select "disk cleanup". If you're running XP SP2, Go into "Control Panel", "Internet Options", "Delete Browsing History", and delete everything listed... This will give you a better idea of just how much space you actually have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back