Wierd possible virus Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rastaman

hi there folks i seem to be having some wierd possible virus issues on a few of my machines. Please forgive me for not going thru the 7 steps but i have a valid reason why. Below is a synopsis of what seems to be occuring.

I had some machine acting really sluggish and decided to reboot upon reboot the windows slapsh screen seems to go thru its initial boot process but then comes up with a completly blank screen (not the common BSOD), desktop and all other services dont seem to load. Even booting up into safe mode is not possible thus iam incappable of running any utilities live.

I am able to boot though from a boot disk and access my drive and run some utilities but the problem is that these utilities seem to be out of date and thus dont seem to pick up any detections or threats. i have reformated and reloaded the OS on all 3 machines but 1 just went down again.

Iam currently clueless since not all machines on my netwrk are having the same issues. has anyone come across any such similar situations and if so any advise or guide in the right direction will be really appreciated.

You would likely do better posting in the Windows OS forum. This is for Virus and Malware Cleaning.

Thanks for the reply. i was able to get to the bottom of my issues, the underling cause of my issues seemed to be a boot sector virus. this thread can be closed at the moment.

Thanks once again

I appreciate your taking the time to post back with the update. Please let us know if we can be of help in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back