wierd problem when logging on XP !HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigdexter1

When I log on to my computer I am prompted by windows that the is no disk in the drive. I have to cancel the box 5-6 times to get it to go away then everythings fine.

Check the Boot order in CMOS is set to start with the HDD first.
Also, if you use Nero or other brand authoring software, turn off XP's writing software.

It prompts me to put a disk in the 'E' drive...thats a card reader on my machine.

I have noticed lately that when I put my sd card in tho upload pics it doesnot automaticlly read the card and prompt me to pick a application to run with the pics but if I go to my computer and pic the e drive it will show the sd card.

How do you turn off the microsft burner/ I do use Nereo.
I also am unable to open pictures with a double click in my pictures but if i right click on the pic and choose to open with whatever like paint, pic viewer etc it opens. What gives.
My kids use this computer so I am suspicious of that!

I am not using XP right now , but if memory serves , you right click on the drive >Properties> deselect " allow Windows to write to this drive" Something like that.

You can associate your pic files with the program you prefer by putting a check mark in the "Always use this program for these files" Also in properties page of the software you use or right click the file itself.

There might also be a preference/options page for settings of the Card reader to give you better control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back