Wierd Speakers/Headphones problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyheylife

Hi,

Hope this is the right forum for this....

I have a Acer Aspire 5573Z laptop with Realtek HD Audio Manager for Sound. Now, here's the problem - when i Plug in the headphones - the sound still comes out of the laptop speakers i.e. both the laptop speakers and headphones work at the same time??! I have tried googling the problem but it seems like everyone else has either of the two not working. Both working seems a little odd!

How do i shut the laptop speakers off when I plug in the headphones?

I think you have a problem with the connection. We have an Acer laptop which disconnects the internal speakers when you connect headphones.
Either the socket is faulty (a simple mechanical switch is not switching off the internal speakers) or you are using unsuitable headphones - perhaps with a built in mike?
Try another set and see?

yea, this one has a built in mike! Dont have alternate headsets as of now - but does what has the mike got to do with anything? just for my knowledge

Some headsets have a built in mike which uses the same connection two-way jack plug as the earpieces - and these will not work in some one-way jack sockets.

got it.....will try alternate headphones - but it seems u have pin pointed the issue. I had the Sony headphones (without the mike) earlier and they worked fine. It's a stupid thing though - dont u think - the mike issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back