wierd STALKER screen draw problems with new 6200

Status
Not open for further replies.

jives11

Just upgraded from an FX5500 to a 6200. Stalker runs faster BUT I'm getting wierd screen draw effects. For example the top of the screen seems to retain images from frames before, so you get a kind of 70s pop video effect where all the tops of the trees leave a trail behind them as you move around. The effect is like the mouse blur effect you can get with windows but much more marked. Sometimes I can see the gun scope or parts of buildings persist too.

There are parts of the game where radiation causes odd effects but this is not part of that,

Anyone seen this ?

the 5500 was fine,

Am running latest 93.71 nVidia drivers

looks like a known problem

did some digging and this seems to be known as the "sky-blur" problem, where detail seems to be blurred across the sky, also in some scenes , birds leave black jaggedy trails behind them when you look up.

I tried a 97.?? driver which some suggested fixed this but no. However running the game in a window (uncheck full screen in game options) runs fine. Just got to maximise the window

That game has alot of glitches in Windows XP and is almost unplayable in Vista. Do you have the latest game patches?

hi jives 11,I had posted the same problem before u with geforce 6200 and stalker.u shouldn't have upgraded to 6200,u could have opted for at least geforce 7300.i have been using 6200 for a long time,it has many problems relating video.u can't run movie files unless u use v84.21 driver,u can't run some games like longest journey dreamfall,eragon etc,u will have odd graphical problems with kingkong,hitman bloodmoney,gothic 3,even i couldn't run a simple old game like pariah on 6200.....anyway,it can run smoothly many great games also..

I don't think so

Only if it overheats it, just like with overclocking. It doesn't appear to get much above 54 degrees based on rivatuner.

jives11

hey i installed stalker today and was amazed at how smoothly it ran without any patches. that was until i got outside and noticed the sky-blur... it was still there after both patches so i tried the tweeked driver recommended by jives11. im also using a 6200. now when the game starts its riduculously slow and laggy. any ideas? do you know if i can uninstall that driver?

Well first off it's pretty easy to uninstall the driver.

You can remove it via the Control Panel ->Add/remove software.

Also if you go into Control Panel -> System -> Device manager and right click on the GPU you can unistall the driver then. Removing drivers is very well explained in this guide :
http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_1.html

The game is pretty heavy on the GPU. Check if you have dynamic lighting set in the game config. This will bring all but the fastest machines to their knees. I just use static lighting and gameplay is fine.

I noticed that recently nVidia released a new official driver you might want to try that after you remove this driver. Sorry it didn't work for you, but it did work for my PCI 6200 and my son finished the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back