TechSpot

Wierd things happen when coming out of screensaver with mouse

By Machinist
Apr 23, 2005
  1. Hi, I hope someone can help me with a small but annoying problem. When my pc is in screensaver mode and i wake it up with the mouse it will shut off my browseror any other running applications. If i have no browser or app's open it will give me the shut down screen, i have to click cancel and all is well. This only happens with the mouse not the key board. Im runnimg Win2000Pro(all spk's) and using a Microsoft intellimouse Explorer 2.0

Thanks
    Danny

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

You might want to run that mouse without the Intellisoft drivers.
    W2K's own built-in drivers are more than good enough, unless you need some specific feature for your M$-mouse.
    I run the Logitech MX700 on W2K/SP4 like that, and it's perfect.

3. Machinist

Machinist TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 33

Thanks alot ill give it a try

Danny

4. Machinist

Machinist TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 33

Tried it without the intellisoft drivers and still have the same problem. Im totally stumped.

Danny

5. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,569

that behavior you described is identical to the effects of pressing alt+F4. look around for an offending setting or key binding.

6. Juwlee

Juwlee TS Rookie

Please help, I am having the same problem described above and unfortunately do not know how to "look around for an offending setting or key binding". Could someone assist this beginner?

7. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,569

did you create one? did you install any special mouse drivers/software?

8. Juwlee

Juwlee TS Rookie

Well, Since I don't know what it is, I guess I didn't create one. :) Installed the intellipoint software that came with the mouse. Microsoft Wireless.

9. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 856

Mouse bring out of standby

Try going to Control Panel | Mouse | Hardware | Properties | Power Management and check 'Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby'.

May cure it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.