Wife used PC, desktop gone??????????????/

Status
Not open for further replies.

tepabajo

My wife used my PC yesterday and now out of the blue my desktop has vanished, actually it appears to be hidden. When I boot up I can see my desktop for just a brief moment like it should be but then it appears that the wallpaper opens up again and cover up everything. The only item I can see is a Norton Antivirus box which is out of the ordinary and was not there before, that's it! I quized her about what she did and I know she didn't download anything. Any ideas on how to fix this? WindowsXP Home w/SerPack 2

Thanks
Tepabajo

right click your desktop and go to properties...

check whether active desktop is enabled...or whether she has unticked show icons etc..after you check all settings..you might wanna run a spyware scan

I don't know, I can't see anything but the wallpaper. No icons, no taskbar, no nothing, nada man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I will try booting into Safe Mode and see what happens.

Tried hitting CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, that should bring up the task manager. From there, launch a new "explorer" process & see what happens.

tepabajo said:
I don't know, I can't see anything but the wallpaper. No icons, no taskbar, no nothing, nada man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I will try booting into Safe Mode and see what happens.
How do you not know? Check where I said. They are either there or they aren't. Its not a fix to your problem, but it will confirm if you still have your files, or if they really did vanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back