Wifi boosting

I have a bt hub my wifi works great in the bungalow but not in the garden I have looked at several wifi boosters but don't know which one to go for HELP PLEASE

What wi-fi router are you using? On some, you can change the transmission power setting.

Another option, if you don't mind tinkering, is get a wi-fi router that's compatible w/ custom firmware like dd-wrt. Flash the router w/ the custom firmware and configure it as a repeater bridge. I did this at my parents' house years ago. Bought a refurbished Linksys WRT54G2, after flashing and reconfiguring the router, I was able to extend the range.

Tomato is another customer firmware. Haven't used it so can't comment on the pros and cons.

change the transmission power setting
As I understand, going to max(power) has always lead to premature failure of the router.
(more power {watts or rf} generate more heat -> sooner failure).

An RF repeater is a nice solution like the netgear DLW-G810 (albeit is out of production, but you can find others)

What wi-fi router are you using? On some, you can change the transmission power setting.

Another option, if you don't mind tinkering, is get a wi-fi router that's compatible w/ custom firmware like dd-wrt. Flash the router w/ the custom firmware and configure it as a repeater bridge. I did this at my parents' house years ago. Bought a refurbished Linksys WRT54G2, after flashing and reconfiguring the router, I was able to extend the range.

Tomato is another customer firmware. Haven't used it so can't comment on the pros and cons.

I have a bt home hub don't think I can alter power setting ,not clever enough to tinker ,I just want something that dosnt need to much setting up as I am not brilliant with computers.

As I understand, going to max(power) has always lead to premature failure of the router.
(more power {watts or rf} generate more heat -> sooner failure).

An RF repeater is a nice solution like the netgear DLW-G810 (albeit is out of production, but you can find others)

Thanks will I will try and find something similar.

Back