Wifi Connected but Internet isn't working?

My wi-fi is connected and says I have a strong connection however whenever I open up either Internet Explorer or Chrome, both say there is no internet connection.

This has been like this for about 25 minutes now. Prior to this, I was having issues with internet for the past day and a half. It would say I was connected but had no internet access. After removing a trojan and some malware that Norton didn't let me know about and getting rid of some of the programs I no longer use (including Norton), I now had internet access showing and it's a strong connection. UNFORTUNATELY, I can't even use the internet I apparently have access to. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, I've disconnected and reconnected.

Baby steps I suppose, but now I've hit a road block. I feel like I've done everything possible but what would you guys say? Anything else I could try?

EDIT: I suppose I should mention its a Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7

Update: I've even gone in and deleted myself from the router, assigned a new ip to my computer through the router, and reset anything and everything that could be reset. this is getting ridiculous. Can anyone help me?

Rt click on the internet icon in the bottom rt corner of your computer and choose troubleshoot/repair and see if that can fix it.Alternatively I would ring your internet provider support line and see if there is a fault on the line

Back