TechSpot

Wifi w/Mac OS 10.4

By whtddusy516
Aug 12, 2006
  1. I have a D-Link DWL-G132 Wifi USB adapter that I originally had for my old PC. Now all I have [up and running] is my PowerMac G4. I looked around the web and some places said that after 10.3, most wifi adapters are just plug and play, while others said that the D-Link versions arnt. I had found a trick to get around it, but it was assuming that i had an airport station.

So im trying to connect this mac with the wifi dongle, to a 2Wire wireless hub. Is it possible?

Thanks, AJ

2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

They seem to require their own drivers from D-Link. A quick Google search showed many problems with DWL-G122, but some of them were solved with a driver update.

I guess it won't hurt (much) to try.

3. whtddusy516

whtddusy516 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 201

hmmm, im not having any luck. I either find a page on DWL-122, not the G122 or G132, or i find a page [for instance i found a topic asking any hacked drivers for G132] and all i got was the front page of the forum over and over : /

4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

D-Link's own support page for the product says no Mac OS drivers.

I guess you'll need to find a more compatible adapter.

5. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,476   +329

our Mac is on 10.3.9 and we've been successful with the DWL-G810 as a bridge; needed a firmware update but otherwise quite easy.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.