WildStar to begin winter beta soon, now taking applications

By Russ Boswell
Nov 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Let's face the facts, WoW and GW2 are starting to get a little stale. Even with my admiration for the latter, I'm starting to getting frustrated with running dungeons over and over. The upcoming release of Elder Scrolls Online might...

Read more
  2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,527   +830

I dont know about the "hype", didn't hear about this game ever until this article.
    Draconian, spectrenad and freythman like this.
  3. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 990   +90

Haven't been in a Beta for a while, looks like it could be fun.
  4. dennis777

dennis777 TS Enthusiast Posts: 285   +33

So whats new in this MMORPG?
  5. Winter beta has been going for like 2 weeks -_-
  6. Author should probably do some more research.

There is a way to play this game without a subscription.You can essentially earn the monthly subscription via a purchase made with in-game currency.
    freythman likes this.
  7. Yeah the payment plan is basically the same as EVE's, ie. you can play for free by buying a certain item, or buy it with real money and sell in game for in game currency.
  8. I love how the artistic design is so similar to WoW!

/sarcasm off
    freythman likes this.
  9. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,729   +1,093

WoW, I get, it came out in 2004, but didn't GW2 come in out 2012?

If this is going to be a big game they should put some advertising into it. Sure it's fun when you're one of the only people to know about something cool, but that only works for indie music, not MMORPGs. If it doesn't get hyped up so people jump on early it'll be a Mediocre Multiplayer Online RPG instead.
    freythman likes this.
  10. Critica1Hit

Critica1Hit TS Rookie Posts: 27

I agree with you guest, about the art design. It just looks a little better. However this may be good (for the Devs at least) because maybe people with lower spec'ed PCs will be able to play the game at a decent frame rate. That has been a pro with WoW for a while. People without high end PCs can still play the game. I'm just keeping tabs on this one for now.
    MilwaukeeMike likes this.
  11. MikeW

MikeW TS Rookie

The game actually has alot of the name a bit. There are ads all over the place.
  12. jester376

jester376 TS Enthusiast Posts: 54

I think the point being made is that it doesnt have any hype on any major websites. Sure its easy to place an ad on a website about this. However, do you how many people dont even look at the ads because theyre so annoying. This game needs articles (like news or blog), not ads, maybe some throw in ad when you open another game box, but just plain old web ads wont cut the cake.