Will 32 bit Vista work OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neil_ski

Hey

I just bought a Toshiba with Core Duo 2 processor and a Vista 32 bit system.

A friend recommended that I get a 64 bit system. I believe the Cor Duo is 64 bit, but I just realized I have Vista 32 bit after I loaded my printer driver.

Since I am not a gamer and only really want to use it for some typing, photo editing and cd burning, should I really give a rat's azz?

I sense that this is one of those "if a tree fell on a mime in the woods, would anyone care?" type of situations.

Thanks
-Ski

You are likely better off with 32bit. I think the time for 64bit OSs is still a ways away. The only thing they do better (for us) is handle more RAM. Unless you planning on running more than 4 gigs of RAM in your system you are fine for a few years.

SNGX1275 said:
You are likely better off with 32bit. I think the time for 64bit OSs is still a ways away. The only thing they do better (for us) is handle more RAM. Unless you planning on running more than 4 gigs of RAM in your system you are fine for a few years.

Good to know. That's a relief. I thought the store pulled a fast one on me.
Thanks, I appreciate the help.

-Ski

Did that toshiba come pre-loaded with vista? if not, why get vista so soon? XP is fine. I think vista is supposed to be designed to work best in the 64bit environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back