will a agp 4x card fit in a 8x shot

By cmorison
Mar 1, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have a km400a pro motherboard which the onboard graphics is pathetic. i bought a geforce2 mx400 card for it. the card is agp 4x and the motherboard is agp 8x. in the card there are 2 slots between the gold connectors. on the mother board there is only one. ive worked out that the voltage is ok for the card but i dont know if it will fit and work properly. HELP!!!
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

If that card runs indeed at 1.5volts, it should fit and will work fine.
    Maybe you should try and exchange it for e.g. Chaintech Geforce4-MX440 AGPx8, which should be in an only slightly higher pricerange (I got a new one for Euro 42.- about 7 months ago)
  3. Dcrewchief

Dcrewchief Newcomer, in training

graphics compatibility

if your board specs show 4X/8X then it should be ok. i have a MSI K7N2 Delta 2 Platinum and its the same way as yours and my ATI Radeon 7000 AGP 4X works fine in it so my opinion would be that you would have no problem running it on that board so long as the board specs specifies 4X/8X. also the voltage as you said is correct . :cool:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.