TechSpot

Will a ATX ASRock 939SLI32-eSATA2 Socket 939 fit in my S4000NX case???

By ZeroCount
May 30, 2006
  1. Hi, and thank you for having such a GREAT site!

I recently ordered a new power supply and Graphics card for my computer, and when I went to put the card into my mobo, it didn't fit. (My mobo only supported PCI not PCI-Express,. Stupid me huh?)

My computer is a Compaq Presario S4000NX, with 1GB of RAM, Geforce FX5500 GF card, and an Intel Celeron 2.4 processor.

Since my NEW graphics card didn't fit, it is a XFX Geforce 7600GT BTW, I am going to completely upgrade my computer. The main question I had, was "Will an ATX ASRock 939SLI32-eSATA2 Socket 939 fit in my S4000NX case?"

That is my MAIN problem, because I don't want to get this, and it NOT work as well. Is my computer case big enough for this Mobo??

If I will be able to actually fit this stuff in, my specs will be as follows:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Single-Core

RAM: 1GB, 2 X 512 Kingston (184-pin 3200) RAM Sticks

MotherBoard: ASRock 939SLI32-eSATA2 Socket 939 ULi M1697 ATX AMD Motherboard

Graphics Card: Geforce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16

The motherboard I am buying is here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157087

The Graphics Card here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150140

This is my totally awesome case! (Sarcasm) right here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=329399&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

The AMD Athlon 64 3800+ is on Ebay, so I am kind of stressed on time, so if you could help me ASAP, I'd VERY much appreciate it. (4 days as of right now until it ends)

Oh and I don’t want to have to use a dremel or anything like that..

Thank you so much
    -Zero

2. KingCody

KingCody TS Guru Posts: 1,568   +7

no, it will not fit.

the 939SLI32-eSATA2 is a full size ATX motherboard, your case can only fit a microATX motherboard.

I have never seen an SLI motherboard by any brand in the microATX format, but that doesn't mean they don't make one.

also, you'll need to buy a good power supply for the system that you're planning to build, the crappy compaq PSU just won't do.

My advice to you would be to buy an ATX case, a reputible brand PSU.. not some generic garbage brand. since you're already buying your CPU from ebay, just buy an ATX case as well (you can get them for about $30, get one without a PSU if you can because the ones that come with the cases are almost always garbage)

3. ZeroCount

ZeroCount TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 81

4. ZeroCount

ZeroCount TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 81

Will a Mid-Tower support such a Motherboard? It should, and from the pictures, it seems to be.. I just want to make sure before I blow my money on something that wont work..

EDIT:

Also.. I am completly rebuilding my computer, still using the same drives and ROMs, but differnent Mobo, GF card, and Power Supply. Will I have to reinstall Windows XP on my new computer, even thought I am still using the same drives that have WINXP on them?

Thanks.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.