TechSpot

Will games run on my new computer?

By Gumm
Jan 27, 2009
  1. hi everyone,
    I have always wanted to play world of warcraft but my computer even though its decent it has never allowed me. I am finnally getting a new computer and I was wondering if world of warcraft will play on it the computer description is below:
    Full specification

Processor Type Intel. Pentium. Dual-Core E2200
    Clock-Speed 2.20GHz
    Front Side BUS 800MHz
    Cache 1 MB
    Operating-System Windows Vista. Home Premium
    RAM Memory 2048 MB
    Hard Disk Capacity 160 GB
    Optical Drive 1 Dual Layer DVD Rewriter
    Graphics Memory 256 MB The higher the memory the better quality images you are display
    Graphics Description NVIDIA. GeForce 7050
    No. of USB connections 6 The more connections the computer has the more equipment you can connect to your computer e.g. modem, printer, scanner, digital camera, PDA
    Keyboard YES
    Mouse YES

since i dont have a clue about computers i just put the whole lot there so will i be able to play world of warcraft? thanks

2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

ehhh, with lowest settings yeah, although wow doesnt require much of a pc I think you could play it, but dont expect anything spectacular.

3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,209   +424

Your biggest problem with that setup is going to be your video card. It is severely underpowered for gaming.

4. nosebleedXD

nosebleedXD TS Rookie Posts: 233

5. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

Decent specs overall, but if you want to play games check if you have a PCI Express expansion slot available and get a discrete graphics card.

Here's a comparison of cards below $200:
    http://www.techspot.com/review/134-budget-midrange-gpu-roundup/

Specifically for WoW, you can get a Radeon HD 4830 which is currently selling for ~$100 and get really good frame rates in this and other more modern titles.

6. Gumm

Gumm TS Rookie Topic Starter

thank you!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.