TechSpot unveils the Puls, a sensor-packed wearable for your wrist

By Shawn Knight
Oct 16, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The Black Eyes Peas co-founder has unveiled a new device called the Puls (pronounced Pulse) through his wearables company, The debut product is something the musician / tech enthusiast has been talking about for quite some time -...

Read more
  2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,887   +644

I wonder what the battery life of this thing is?

It seems to be an Android phone as a watch... Except with the phone part taken off.
  3. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,408   +464

It doesn't look very cool, it's a real shackle, too big on the photo at least
    Capaill likes this.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

I'd never heard of this guy or his product/s until I read this article.
  5. Bubbajim

Bubbajim TS Addict Posts: 135   +50

You really haven't missed out on anything. Not one interesting thing. Ever.
    Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  6. seefizzle

seefizzle TS Addict Posts: 269   +138

Maybe one of these days a knockout wearable will come along. This is not one of those days.
  7. Neojt

Neojt TS Booster Posts: 165   +22

I dont know I think it it a phone watch

" a voice-controlled wristband / cuff that can make voice calls without needing to link to your smartphone "
  8. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,887   +644

I didn't read that :/ I lost interest at Will...

Anyway surely you'd need like a headset in or something to actually make calls?
  9. Beamercub

Beamercub TS Rookie

Whatsup? Not directing this comment at you directly Will, but perhaps considering a financial planner would be a great idea... With the market being SATURATED with smart watches, being that they are smart and not an archaic phone slapped to your wrist being serviced by AT&T... I guess you don't want them to have actual service either. Find a deserving charity to donate to. I'm beside myself and wondering if this is all a joke?
  10. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,408   +464

Saturated?? Since when??? This is truly news...

I didn't like the idea either, but calling them archaic phones... it might have been if they throwed in Symbian systems, but they'll be using Android systems which make them very modern capable devices.

Get your facts straight before vomiting your thoughts to the keyboard.
  11. risc32

risc32 TS Booster Posts: 186   +75

I think this looks good, and that you guys who don't get it are wrong. but what do I know? Probably nothing. I mean I guess there's a market for smart watched that are paired to a smart phone. I don't know why in the world anyone with a smart phone, that can do practically anything, would want another gadget that basically just replicates what their phone does, but on their arm, on a tiny screen, and only when close to your phone.... retarded. but a phone type device on my arm that actually replaces my phone and watch, that sound good to me, but since that makes sense and the world has it's head up it's ***, it'll probably flop.
    the other day a good friend commented on how smart phones are more powerful than the computers used to send man to the moon. I said "sure", I mean didn't we cross that line ages and ages ago... but later I thought I should have replied, yes, they do, but in modern times we don't do stuff like that with of tech. instead we show the world photos of what we are about to eat." that's having your priorities in order.
    perhaps the only thing to save this device would be some special feature to allow for great food photos!