TechSpot

Will I have problems installling the same Windows XP disc on a 2nd computer?

By GameAddict
Dec 11, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. Here's the deal. I have a computer now with XP on it. Im buying new computer parts that someone is gonna put together for me. The old computer I'm gonna put Windows 98SE on that I have had for a while from a old computer for my wife. THEN I'm gonna put the XP I have now on the new computer.

I have registered this XP twice with M$ becasue I had to do a reformat once. Do you guys know if I'll have a problem (or heard of others having problems) installing and registering it on the new CPU?

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I know for a fact that if you call Tech Support they will say that it is okay as long as you have purchased the copy.

I have reinstalled 3 times already, and have yet to havea problem. They can reset your copy if you call them.

I would suggest this instead of using a crack, as you have a legit copy and there is no need for it.

3. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

I'm positive there will not be any problems.

There should not be a reason for "cracking" it if you have purchased it. If you do, at least have the decency to download the corporate version and not crack it. :x

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.