Will mac monitor work on pc?

By mlm750sh
May 2, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello all i got hold of a 21" monitor fom an old power mac comp was wondering will it work on a pc ? the cabling is bnc (3 seperate conectors to monitor ) and no it wont fit a pc graphics but if i get a bnc cable for a pc will it work ? or just waste of time ? how much a bnc cable ?
  2. AMDIsTheBest010

AMDIsTheBest010 Newcomer, in training Posts: 546

does the monitor specify if it is "plug and play?" if so than I dont see any reason y it wouldnt, u could prolly find the cable ur talking about on EBAY!if it will fit into the VGA port on the back of the computer than i thnik it should work

a PC monitor works on a MAC computer, so it should
  3. mlm750sh

mlm750sh Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

mlm750sh

no it does not say plug and play it hooks up to a power mac with bnc cables one end goes to power mac card other end hooks to mon wth 3 connectors
  4. AMDIsTheBest010

AMDIsTheBest010 Newcomer, in training Posts: 546

hmm?? well i dont know if they sell VGA adapters, b/c i know that the new macs come with a VGA adapter since they do not include monitoes in purchases ne more (or you could buy the Apple 30" widescreen if you feel like going into debt 4 it)

by the way u might be able to contract apple and see if they will sell you a VGA adapter

or try this go to www.ebay.com on the scroll down menu scroll it down to "computers and networking" in the search box type " Mac VGA adapter" I just typed this in and it gave 45 items and i looked at them and they r what i think ur looking 4, the one I was lookin at was $5.00 including shipping

Hope this helps
    AMD
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.