Will moisture build up?

By vassil3427
Feb 4, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys,
    If I set my computer outside. And have it run for maybe 20 min. at most, do you think any moisture will build up? Temps have been around 0 degrees farenheit lately...(This is for a small experiment I have to complete.....
  2. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,212

IF you IMMEDIATELY power the system up outside, let it run for 20 mins. and bring it in and let it come up to temp and dry inside before you power it up, then you "should" be okay. I would hope this experiment is worth the potential damage you might do though. There's no guarantees.

BTW, exactly "why" are you doing this? I'm sure I'm not the only curious one here. :confused:
  3. vassil3427

vassil3427 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 822

http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8298

Thats why, I'm having some trouble getting a tube to hold my dry ice, and I have to have the project done this month...So I just need to get my system as cold as possible..just to run a few benchmarks...

BTW, do you all think my monitor could handle it in the cold?if not I have an idea of what to do with it....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.