Will OS require a sub to keep updated?

Larsenex

I am actually looking forward to Windows 10. I currently love and use Win 7 Pro 64 for everything I do at home which is primarily gaming and some multi-tasking in widows with word/excel documents.

So far everything looks really enticing with DX12 and USB 3.1.

I see they even have the traditional start button back on the desktop.

I thought that I read they will require a subscription to own this version of Windows, well not own but whatever.

Is there some ongoing fee we as Home users will have to pay to get updates?

Thanks much!

Thanks for the quick reply. My suspicions were based on the fact that they are going to give away the upgrade to Win 10 if you own 7 or 8.

I am sure there was a reviewer who mentioned that in exchange for it being free users would later require to pay a subscription or fee in order to get the OS updated on regular basis.

Thanks again.

My suspicions were based on the fact that they are going to give away the upgrade to Win 10 if you own 7 or 8.

I am sure there was a reviewer who mentioned that in exchange for it being free users would later require to pay a subscription or fee in order to get the OS updated on regular basis.
I find it difficult to believe the first paragraph, and easy to believe the second. My view is you can never trust anything from MS until you see it. Even MS people themselves rarely know what is going on inside MS.

Back