Will this card work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello techspot members.

Sorry if this is another routine question, but I need help chooesing a PCI video card for my eMachines T5026. I have read the 2 stickys ontop, so the data of my comp and such will follow below in #4.

1. I am a casual gamer who isnt to picky about every detail on the screen, Im used to playing games on the lowest settings, even sometimes useing an external program to make the game more playable.

I am aming to be able to play a well known game called The Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion. For thoese of you that know, this may seem like a long shot with what I have, but ive done it on a similer computer.
2. Im no rich person so under 100$ is my goal.

3.Power supply is the stock on my eMachinesT5026, it is a Bestec model ATX-300-12EB3

Pic Inside my comp (I know,bad lighting)

DSC00236.jpg

Specs on a Website

http://www.power-on.com/atx12vg300bt.html

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.I live in California of the United States (North America)

Also if it helps here is my comps specs online
http://reviews.cnet.com/eMachines_T5026/4507-3118_7-31297819.html?tag=sub

My computer is exactly stock except for a wirless internet card I installed, When I get a PCI card I will simply remove the phone modem card (almmost worthless nowadays) thats takeing up my 2nd slot.

If anybody here sheds any help to me atall I thank you extreamly much!
Thanks

the best value card is the geforce 6200, its around 70 bucks or less, but if u want the best card, you have to buy the diamond x1300 or x1550 pci card.
The x1300 is ou of stock right, the only way to get it is buying from the diamond online store, and its around 129 bucks. The x1550 is a new card, it will perform almost the same as the x1300 but its new and nobody i know owns one and no one has tested it yet, its out of sotck too on buy.com and other online stores but thats because its new, so u maybe will be able to find one in 1 or 2 weeks i hope. The only way to get the x1550 is buying it from the diamond online store too, and it cost as much as the x1300($129).
All this card will work fine with a 300watts psu, well at least the first 2, i dont know about the x1550.

Good luck

thank you for the suggestion about the nvidia 6200 PCI card, I was eyeing that one but needed to make sure it would work with this computer (In theory atleast).

frus is right, the GeForce 6200 is the best bang for your buck...but...make sure the card has a 128-Bit Memory Interface.

Is there any way to play wow without a video card?

I have a major problem....i installed wow on my computer and now i cant play it because i dont have a good enough videocard....Is there any way to play wow without a video card?

:D I just saw he was buying a PCI, so I didn't look at his mobo...ya, I agree with F1N3ST, get a PCIe card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back