Will this graphics card work in my computer?

I've been thinking about upgrading my graphics card for a while now, and I've had my eye on the Geforce GTX 650 Ti, it gets good reviews and will run all the games I play on high settings. I want to know if it will run on my system and if the one I linked above looks good.

Here are my system specs:
Model: Dell Studio XPS 7100
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1035T 2.6 GHz
RAM: 6GB
Free Memory: 543GB

If you need any other specs let me know, I'm pretty sure the 650 Ti will work in my computer, but I just want to make sure before I buy it. I read another thread here and the guy had the same computer as me and installed the same graphics card successfully. If you could just confirm that it would work in my system that would be great, and if there is any software I need to install before I install the graphics card. Thanks.

Should work ok, since it worked for the other guy. Make sure your PSUs the same as his, and you're good to go.

It is the same model as him, I'm not sure, how would I check without opening my computer?
If you are planning on upgrading your GPU, that would require you to open the case anyway. Might as well open the case and have a look at the PSU, before you make any concrete plans on getting the GPU.

I bought the card and installed it, and it works great. It might have been smarter to check the PSU before getting it, just incase, but it worked anyways. It had a spare power cord hanging out.

Back