Will this system be any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoeM076

Here is what I am thinking about getting from Cyberpowerpc.com , I want to use this computer for the next-gen PC Games. If you have any suggestions on the specs and what parts to get from the site to make my computer the best for gaming and performance, please feel free to tell me:) I just want to make sure that everything that I am getting is the best, (limited slightly by price), and that everything will last for a long time and is upgradeable, also that everything is compatible with each other.(And YES, I know that it would be MUCH cheaper if I put it togetjher myself, and got the parts from newegg.com , but I am not that experienced with putting computers together, and it would be a hassle to have to put every, single part of the computer together and connect all of the wires, and then troubleshoot all of the problems that come from this.

Gamer Infinity SLI Ultra

*BASE_PRICE: [+1635]
CAS: Raidmax Sagitta Mid-Tower 420W Gaming Case w/ Side Panel Window
CASUPGRADE: 12in COLD CATHODE NEON LIGHT
CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6700 CPU @ 2.66GHz 1066FSB 2x2MB L2 Cache EM64T
CD: SONY 16X DVD-ROM
CD2: NEC 3550A 16X DVD+-RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER
CABLE: Round Cable Upgrade for Hard Drive, Optical Drive & Floppy Drive
FLOPPY: 1.44 MB FLOPPY DRIVE
FAN: CoolerMaster Liquid CPU Cooling Fan System Kit + 2 EXTRA CASE FANS
HDD: Extreme Performance (RAID-0) with 2 Identical Hard Drives (300GB (150GBx2) Gaming Western Digital Rapter 10,000RPM SATA150 16MB Cache WD1500ADFD
HDD2: 400GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive
KEYBOARD: Saitek Eclipse-II (PK02U) Gaming Keyboard
MOUSE: Logitech G7 Laser Cordless 2000dpi Mouse
MONITOR: Gaming LCD ViewSonic VX922 19" (2ms White-Black-White Typ) SXGA LCD Display Monitor
MOTHERBOARD: (Quad-Core Supports) Asus Striker Extreme nForce 680i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1066 DDR2 Mainboard [+238]
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Memory w/ Heat Spreader
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional w/ Service Pack 2 & Free Upgrade to Windows Vista™ Business
PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis with High Performance Thermal Compound on CPU
POWERSUPPLY: **Recommended** Thermaltake ToughPower 750 Watt Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS 24/7 LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: New! Creative Labs X-FI Platinum 24-BIT PCI Sound Card
SPEAKERS: (BLACK) Logitech X530 70Watts 5.1 Configuration Speaker System
TEMP: SILVERSTONE EUDEMON SST-FP52 LCD DISPLAY FRONT PANEL
USB: Add External USB 2.0 Hub (4x USB 2.0 Ports)
VIDEO: NEW!!! NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB 16X PCI Express Video Card
_PRICE: (+3774)

That looks pretty amazing. I was going to say you could save a bit of money dropping the processor to 6600 and killing off the USB hub, but then I saw the bottom line price and figured out that the savings isn't going to do much.

My only suggestion would be to boot out that Sony 16x DVD drive and replace it with another DVD burner. If they want to charge you more than $40 for another burner just elect not to have the drive at all, then order a burner at the same time and put it in yourself.

The reasoning behind that is a DVD drive without a burner is about as useful as a cd rom from 1998. I've seen 4 burners fail between 3 computers in the last 2 years, you want to have a backup if possible. It isn't going to cost you much (if anything) to get a second burner.

well I will just back up what everyone has said, that is an awsome system and the long time should be short if u are wanting to use that system for 4 years it should be good for at least that long...

well maybe not the video card but it will not be one that blows up in the next 3 months.

- Also, out of the speakers that cyberpowerpc.com offers, which ones do you think are the best quality for gaming?
- And what two Optical Drives do you suggest that cyberpowerpc.com offers?

Lol, you posted the same thing twice. Just so you know. howard will probably come and clean it up, but try not to do that. As for the speakers, I think you should try looking on newegg.com or something for speakers because you might be able to find them cheaper there.

Yeah, I fixed that up...
-And I am getting my computer from CyberPowerPC.com because I am not that experienced with putting computers together, and I think it would be a hassle putting eveything together, so I am just wondering which Optical Drives and Speakers would be the best that they offer on their site???

-Also, If I get the USB HUB from CyberPowerPC.com, will my Computer still come with 2 USB Ports Built in?

ALso, can someone give me suggestions about my comment before?

You should just get the 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW they are having now for no additional money, its a LG as of me checking a minute ago.

For the USB, that motherboard has 4 USB on the back, and up to 6 (for a total of 10) can be connected by pins on the motherboard. What that means is you will have at minimum 4, and then if that case has a front panel on it for audio jacks and such there will also be USB there. So I think it is unlikely you will need a hub, unless you just need the extra cord length.

JoeM076: Do not open any more threads for this.

I have deleted all the rest of your threads for this(that`s a total of 9 threads). Opening mulitple threads for the same thing is not required, is confusing and is a waste of time for both you and the members who have replied. It is also against Techspot`s TOS. Read the Techspot FAQ.

I apologise to all members who have replied to JoeM076`s umpteen threads, but this is necessary.

Regards Howard TS Moderator.

I`d suggest XP, even though Vista is only around the corner, it bound to be buggy as hell and may even lack some driver support.

Just my 2cents.

Regards Howard :)

The best speakers to get with it since you have a creative x-fi sound card, would be the Creative labs Gigaworks 7.1 speakers. Good 7.1 speakers for around $100.

Well I didnt waste money on speakers for my computers because I usualy use headsets because im on Counterstrike alot and use the voice feature thing =P

But if you want to be able to show off to your friends with your ember system then get the ones Boxy said because you'll get really good performance with 7.1 ;) ( also be sure to get a good sound card as well... Didnt see if you had one with that thing you listed because it's all bunched up and hard to read :blush: )

Do you think that the Logitech Z5500 Speakers would be good for $132 less, and they have seemed to have gotten better reviews than the Creative ones..

-And just for another opinion, can you reccomend 2 of the Optical Drives on CyberPowerPC.com, that would be the best?

Yes Joe those speakers would be better and you could save the money for something else ( games / keyboard ) and I wouldnt know any recommendations for the Optical Drives because I usualy use the same stuff for all my builds but I change up parts like the case and CD drives or videocards

Here is what I have come to so far:
-Any Suggestions?

Gamer Infinity SLI Ultra

*BASE_PRICE: [+1719]
CAS: CoolerMaster Praetorian 730 RC-730 Aluminum Tower 420W Case [+26] (Black Color)

CASUPGRADE: 12in COLD CATHODE NEON LIGHT [+10] (BLUE COLOR)

CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6700 CPU @ 2.66GHz 1066FSB 2x2MB L2 Cache EM64T [+386]

CD: NEC 3550A 16X DVD+-RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER [+4] (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: LiteOn SHM-165H6S 16X Double Layer DVD+-RW Super Allwrite + Lightscribe Technology [+41] (Black Color)

CABLE: Round Cable Upgrade for Hard Drive, Optical Drive & Floppy Drive [+19]

FLOPPY: 1.44 MB FLOPPY DRIVE [+10] (BLACK COLOR)

FAN: CoolerMaster Liquid CPU Cooling Fan System Kit + 2 EXTRA CASE FANS

HDD: Extreme Performance (RAID-0) with 2 Identical Hard Drives [-7] (300GB (150GBx2) Gaming Western Digital Rapter 10,000RPM SATA150 16MB Cache WD1500ADFD [+418])

HDD2: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive [+189]

MONITOR: Gaming LCD ViewSonic VX922 19" (2ms White-Black-White Typ) SXGA LCD Display Monitor [+299]

MOTHERBOARD: (Quad-Core Supports) Asus Striker Extreme nForce 680i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1066 DDR2 Mainboard [+238]

MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Memory w/ Heat Spreader [+45])

NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD

OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition w/ Free Upgrade to Windows Vista™ Home Premium

PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis with High Performance Thermal Compound on CPU [+19]

POWERSUPPLY: **Recommended** Thermaltake ToughPower 750 Watt Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+131]

RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS 24/7 LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND: New! Creative Labs X-FI Platinum 24-BIT PCI Sound Card [+180]

SPEAKERS: (BLACK/SILVER) Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Configuration Speakers System with Control [+178]

USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

VIDEO: NEW!!! NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB 16X PCI Express Video Card [+365]

_PRICE: (+3996)

-Is everything Compatible?

Well personaly I got a computer that is eqauly ( except the Videocard and some other stuff ) for about $3000 cheaper ;)

Processor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115005
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz 2M sharing L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813188009
eVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145566
CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) x2

Video Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150150
XFX PV-T71G-UCF7 GeForce 7900GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Hard Disk Drive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822148140
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Power Supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817341002
OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W Power Supply - Retail

DVD Burner

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827152076
NEC Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache E-IDE / ATAPI DVD Burner - OEM

Sound Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829111002
DIAMOND XtremeSound XS71DDL 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

Case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133154
Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum/Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

Total: $1436 with shipping ( Good deal ;) )

Thanks alot for all of those links...but I am getting my computer from cyberpowerpc.com because I am not experienced with putting computers together...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back