Will this video card work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prolapse

This is the video card that I am looking at.

BIOSTAR V6602SS21 GeForce 6600 256MB

I want to start off with one but I will be running two soon after that.
Will this be a decent card for gaming if I have two?

You can SLI the 6600 but,,,,,, 2 6600 dont even equal to a 6800 .. I wouldnt recommend dat card because your games will run in slow motion, the only 6th gen cards able to handle todays games are 6800 ultra or x800 equivlant ,,

That 6600 is as fast as a geforce 5900 ,, its a budget card, and putting together two budget cards equals,, budget performance,

Do yourself a favor and buy a 6800 my friend,

I wouldn't say that. The 6600 is a very superior card to any FX series due to it's better architecture as well as support for SM 3.0. Putting two in SLI would give u 16 pipelines theoretically speaking, which is what one 6800 has, save for the slower memory. The 6600 is a good budget card and my dad's PC has one which runs Hitman: Blood Money very smoothly at full graphical detail with only shadows turned off. It can handle almost any new game at medium-high detail very easily. It's not a bad card but I would advise u to get a 6600GT which has faster memory and putting two of those in SLI would get u performance similar to that of a 6800GT.

Well put, I still don't know why he needs two of them, Buy one card and not a budget card, spend 200 dollars or so,

Do not purchase that card. It is a GeForce 6 series video card, which were great. But recently the GeForce 8 series have been released meaning that your video card will be 2 generations old. Plus 2 of them will not equal a lower end series GeForce 8. So go for a GeForce 7 video card. Like a GeForce 7600 GT.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130062

That link it to a great budget video card. The GeForce 7600 GT.

The GeForce 8 series are only meant for hardcore gaming enthusiasts with the deep pockets to match. And the GeForce 7 series pretty much shares everything with the 6 series, except for the new architecture and improved cooling. Almost every feature available on a GeForce 7 series card is also available on a 6 series card. So the 6600/6600GT is still a great buy. The new 7300GT is basically a refined version of the 6600GT, which was considered THE mainstream gaming card. Check out it's performance with new games like Oblivion on Tom's Hardware and the like, it's quite impressive for an old card. That being said, consider the 7300GT GDDR3 version. It's theoretically equal to a 6600GT but the improvements owing to the new architecture give it a massive performance boost. Here is a link to a review from Guru3D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back