Will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid078

Right I am a vivid gamer like everyone else, but the one thing I can not play is first person shooters. For the simple reason that my graphics card is rubbish. The Intel 82810 Graphics Controller. Sounds long and old. Well it is and it is driving me crazy because it has only a pathetic 32mb of RAM on it. Now your going to ask yourself why hasn't he bought a new better graphics card yet. I did and walked home with it happy as larry (whos larry?).
Then when I opened up my motherboard i found it simply didn't fit. I have no agp slot, no pci e just 2 unused pci slots.
By now you must be bored so I'll finish up quickly. My computer is rubbish:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Packard Bell NEC
System Model:
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel Celeron, ~1.0GHz *(its actually 952mhz)
Memory: 382MB RAM
Page File: 259MB used, 277MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

I found a good graphics card that I would like to buy, but the question I'm asking you is will it support games like Halo, or Medal of Honour, or Call of Duty you know the sort i mean?
So really does it support T & L?

Thanx for your time

ohhh the card i almost forgot.

GeForce MX 4000 128mb ddr ram
heres the link if you want it
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=716810&CatId=0

Cheers

They should run on the lowest graphics settings reasonably well!!!!

But a faster pc with at least an agp slot would be a better idea!!!!

And don't for get that those horrible packard bell's have puny little psu's that may not take too kindly to a new card drawing more power!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back