Will Vodoo 2000/3000 work with AGP 4x?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegasgmc

Im replacing the motherboard in a friends computer. Its a PIII 500 With Vodoo AGP card. I wasnt thinking about it when I bought the new board, an ECS with 1000 Duron and 4x compliant slot. Are there any voltage issues or will the mobo detect the card and do the set up? Thanks.

I dont believe a Voodoo card will run at 4X agp mode..Also, do not take the AGP Pro tab out of the slot. It needs to be in there for the card to fit properly.

The card will work fine in the AGP slot..It just wont run at 4X AGP which really isnt a big deal..

Thanks. This boards 4x AGP slot doesnt look like all the others Ive see. It doesnt have the tab. It looks like a 2x . I just didnt want to fry the guys card.

It may not have a pro slot...My older PIII board doesnt have a AGP pro slot..Just a standard AGP. If the card fits it should be fine.

I think the voodoo3 line of cards run at 1x and 2x AGP.
Some of the new motherboards won't work with anything lower than 4x AGP. However because this has just becore an issue in the last few months and you are going to buy an ECS mobo and Duron 1gig it should work.

The only way to know for shure will be to test your card with that mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back